Otis on March 26-27- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Otis on March 26-27

I am trying to get plans together to ride at Otis on Sunday March 27th. I plan on coming down Saturday afternoon and was wondering where would be a good place to stay. I will have my wife and youngest son (2yo) with me. My ex-wife was from Hyannis so I know that area kind of well, but did not know what was closer to Falmouth and had stuff for them to do....or is Hyannis a better option to stay? I forget the name of the hotel that has the indoor wave pool, anyone know that? Also, I have not been to Otis since the late 90's when there was the mtn bike race on Saturday and then the road race on Sunday on the base. Where do I park now and how do I get there? Anyone want to show me, and possibly a couple more NH people, around the trails?

mtbr member
    Any suggestions for places to stay closer to Otis?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    cuddles and bubbles..........you stay classy hyannis!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Doro
    cuddles and bubbles..........you stay classy hyannis!
    Bring your own towels.....trust me.

Tool
    You take 28 to 151. Park on the side of 151 only a few hundred yards up from 28. The trails are in a triangle between 28,151, and road/lack of trail to the NE. Just go in and get lost - you're never more than 3 miles at most from the car. Keep on the singletracks that are well traveled (the less traveled ones are that way for a reason for the most part). You'll be grinning ear to ear.

Don't forget about this section of mtbr.

There's a slight chance I'll be there tomorrow if I don't hit ToT, but it will probably be mid-day. I'll be on a blue Ellsworth Truth (avatar).

I wish I could help you out with the area, but I'm just a day visitor from parts north.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Did you end up going to Otis? I will definitely be there on the 27th.

Tool
    I hit ToT both days this past weekend. Got hit with a little harmless snow on Saturday - we weren't even expecting rain, let alone snow. It was slightly cooler yesterday, but full sun all day. The trails sure are in great shape.
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    I went down to Otis Saturday conditions were great. Got there about 10 or so and rode till about 12:30 it was a great day of riding.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalphile
    You take 28 to 151. Park on the side of 151 only a few hundred yards up from 28. The trails are in a triangle between 28,151, and road/lack of trail to the NE. Just go in and get lost - you're never more than 3 miles at most from the car. Keep on the singletracks that are well traveled (the less traveled ones are that way for a reason for the most part). You'll be grinning ear to ear.

Don't forget about this section of mtbr.

There's a slight chance I'll be there tomorrow if I don't hit ToT, but it will probably be mid-day. I'll be on a blue Ellsworth Truth (avatar).

I wish I could help you out with the area, but I'm just a day visitor from parts north.

-Pete
    pretty sure ive run into you there.

mtbr member
    Reservations are made (with a jacuzzi) and I am just waiting for this work week to end already. I will be road riding late Saturday afternoon and will be hitting Otis trails around noonish on Sunday. Look for the short guy on the brand new kermit green Jet 9. I hope to run into some people out there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    did you seriously book a room at the cuddles? Thats hillarious and awesome all at the same time.

mtbr member
    We are actually staying at the Village Green In.

Members who have read this thread: 0