Orleans area (Cape Cod)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Orleans area (Cape Cod)

Anyone here in the Orleans area of the cape and down to ride Nickerson a couple of evenings a week? Maybe some other cape trails on weekends? I only ride for fun, I'm not a hardcore racer.. I just moved to Orleans with wife and baby. Looking to get in as much riding as possible. Let me know. Been riding solo and it's getting kind of boring.

mtbr member
    We have four of us that ride TOT alot. We are seniors, but do alright. 11 miles today in about 2 and a half hours. If you can enjoy that, let me know. I live in Dennis, but don't get to Nikerson. The other guys I ride with live in Sandwich. TOT is out their back door.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thecanoe View Post
    We have four of us that ride TOT alot. We are seniors, but do alright.....
    Thats an understatement, these Guys got ToT Soul

Passing up on this invite would be a mistake.

-chris

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thecanoe View Post
    We have four of us that ride TOT alot. We are seniors, but do alright. 11 miles today in about 2 and a half hours. If you can enjoy that, let me know. I live in Dennis, but don't get to Nikerson. The other guys I ride with live in Sandwich. TOT is out their back door.
    Oh man, the possibility of getting smoked by a bunch of "seniors" on a trail.. It would be highly detrimental to my ego, but sounds like fun! I've ridden tot a few times back in the day, it's a fun place to ride. I will definitely look you up when I'm planning on riding tot.
    btw, I'm just getting back into trail riding after a long hiatus. I've been riding dj/street mtb and bmx bikes for the past couple years but I just built a new trail rig. I'm not really looking for a group thing, just someone in my area looking to do some casual evening rides at nickerson and maybe weekend stuff..

pic of my new pimp ride

!snotrocket!
    I'm on the lower cape and ride nickerson all the time. I try and get out a couple of nights a week and I'm always looking for someone to ride with so hit me up with a pm and we'll ride. p.s. I know where all the good dirt jumps and pump tracks are...
    coastin' along

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rottendan View Post
    I'm on the lower cape and ride nickerson all the time. I try and get out a couple of nights a week and I'm always looking for someone to ride with so hit me up with a pm and we'll ride. p.s. I know where all the good dirt jumps and pump tracks are...
    pm sent

Nostralpicas
    I ride Tuesdays at 530 from the bike rental parking lot on 6a and Sunday mornings at 9am.
    All work and no play makes "and all no work play"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Where do you guys ride in nickerson? I spent another couple of hours there on sat and so far the only trail I've found worth riding is the eastern side of little cliff pond. The rest seems pretty boring and so covered in leaves and pine needles that it's too sketchy to ride fast and very boring to ride slow. Am I missing something?? I'm going to find a remote section of that place and build some real trails. Stay tuned

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Off topic, but that's a sweet looking ride you've got there. Clean and simple. Is that a Velvet or one of the new 34mm xfusions? What frame?

mtbr member
    I will be doing a Nickerson ride this afternoon (Monday) after the rain passes if you're interested in joining.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks to dan(rottendan) for taking me out today and showing me some of the trails at nickerson and for kicking my ass a bit on his 29er. Really cool dude and mad skills on his big ass bike I was doing some huffin trying to keep up, but it was alot of fun. I kind of want a big xc 29er bike now...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    hey tom I tried pm'ng you back but this site is seriously lagging or something. I don't think i'm really into the whole xc group ride thing yet

BMF
    Oct 2007
    I will be in Orleans from June 29 thru July 7 for our annual family trip back east. I'm right on the bike path and will probably rent a bike to use while I'm there. Is a hardtail good enough for the terrain? Would be happy to get out and ride with you while I'm out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristatos View Post
    I will be in Orleans from June 29 thru July 7 for our annual family trip back east. I'm right on the bike path and will probably rent a bike to use while I'm there. Is a hardtail good enough for the terrain? Would be happy to get out and ride with you while I'm out there.
    I'm not far from the bikepath in Dennis. If you want a senior tour let me know.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

Members who have read this thread: 0