New NN trails at Wompy

Printable View

• 04-26-2015
    blidner
    New NN trails at Wompy
    My buddy and I have been searching for the new NN trails in Wompy where the annex used to be. I think we found, though not marked nn1 which let to 2. If anyone knows the new trails are there markers up for 9 10 and 11 but the trails are not yet cut? Seemed rather confusing

Thanks
  • 04-27-2015
    Prophet Julio
    The new trails are near Triphammer Pond and the cleared Annex area. They aren't marked. I think I have ridden 3 or 4 new trails over there. They are on both sides of the paved road.
  • 04-27-2015
    dirtyjack
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blidner View Post
    My buddy and I have been searching for the new NN trails in Wompy where the annex used to be. I think we found, though not marked nn1 which let to 2. If anyone knows the new trails are there markers up for 9 10 and 11 but the trails are not yet cut? Seemed rather confusing

Thanks

here's a map of what's currently cut. I hope you like rock gardens.
    Attachment 984375
  • 05-09-2015
    OttaCee
    Exploring today and found a new NN trail (NN15), OpenStreetMap already had it marked.

The trail still much in the works, but its usable. Will be really fun and challenging once its got more traffic to buff it out.

As for the new NN trails, I think they are OK. NN1 to NN2 is great. NN2 to NN7 is a slow technical roll that has some rock gardens for fun. Did love the NN7 to end of the loop, fast and flowy.
  • 05-12-2015
    dirtyjack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OttaCee View Post
    Exploring today and found a new NN trail (NN15), OpenStreetMap already had it marked.

The trail still much in the works, but its usable. Will be really fun and challenging once its got more traffic to buff it out.

As for the new NN trails, I think they are OK. NN1 to NN2 is great. NN2 to NN7 is a slow technical roll that has some rock gardens for fun. Did love the NN7 to end of the loop, fast and flowy.

Parts of NN15 have existed for a while, the newest section was cleared on Sunday.
  • 06-14-2015
    blidner
    I've been riding these trails for a for weeks now. There are some gnarly rock gardens indeed. Makes for either a great start, or end to a ride, and opens up some new territory in wompy.

I particularly enjoy starting at NN1, riding it through, then across the dirt road, up the hill on the right into the rottodenrum forest.
  • 07-12-2015
    VTSession
    I stumbled upon these trail just today. Great to see some new stuff being done at Wompy.
  • 07-22-2015
    dirtyjack
    In case you haven't noticed, the fence is now open at NN14. I like to continue the ride from NN12 through the fence at NN14 and loop left back down to N26 to then pick up NN15.