New to Boston area, looking to ride - Lynn, Vietnam, Highland...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

New to Boston area, looking to ride - Lynn, Vietnam, Highland...

Hey all - I'm new in town and pretty stoked to be in some of the northeast's best riding. I'm hoping to connect with some experienced local riders to hit the trails. So far I've checked out some spots:
    Cutler Park - fun and cruiser
    Vietnam - enjoyed the drops and hits there
    Lynn - got pretty lost but had fun in the tech spots

Hoping to join in a ride or maybe pick up a riding partner - for local or runs to highland, XC, freeride, or DH. My schedule is pretty flexible, I'd be indebted for someone to offer a tour.

Thanks,
    chris

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Where are you located?
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Where are you located?
    Just moved to Chestnut Hill slaphead

mtbr member
    First join NEMBA then join all the NEMBA regional Facebook groups (Greater Boston, North Shore, Merrimac Valley, Southern NH, etc., this is really all FB is good for). Join some rides and meet people. I'm on the NS and up here there is also Diesel Bikes and Magnolia Bike Club, both great clubs with great peeps. Diesel has regular weekly and weekend rides at Lynn and various places around the NS and Highland, join their mail list, pretty much the same deal with Magnolia.

We have the Wicked Ride of the East coming up Sunday Oct. 26th at Harold Parker State Forest without a doubt the biggest and baddest event of the year.

That should get you started.

Scott

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrider View Post
    First join NEMBA then join all the NEMBA regional Facebook groups (Greater Boston, North Shore, Merrimac Valley, Southern NH, etc., this is really all FB is good for). Join some rides and meet people. I'm on the NS and up here there is also Diesel Bikes and Magnolia Bike Club, both great clubs with great peeps. Diesel has regular weekly and weekend rides at Lynn and various places around the NS and Highland, join their mail list, pretty much the same deal with Magnolia.

We have the Wicked Ride of the East coming up Sunday Oct. 26th at Harold Parker State Forest without a doubt the biggest and baddest event of the year.

That should get you started.

Scott
    Second everything Scott said. There are a couple NEMBA events coming up before the WRE too - this w/e at Leominster and a couple weeks from now at Bear Brook. Both have led rides and arrowed loops to mess with.

The regular Tues/Fri MV NEMBA rides Russell Mill and Lowell-Dracut are a good time too.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    For the Wicked Ride, what constitutes beginner, intermediate, and expert rides? (Does the fact that I don't know the answer to this mean I'm probably beginner-level?)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by objector View Post
    For the Wicked Ride, what constitutes beginner, intermediate, and expert rides? (Does the fact that I don't know the answer to this mean I'm probably beginner-level?)
    For the most part beginner at HP is the fire roads/ double track with some limited ST, the intermediate and advanced rides/ marked loops cover primarily the same trails, with some extended hero loops added for expert. Also the expert led rides are at a faster pace than the intermediate led rides.

Wanna Ride Bikes?
    Jun 2014
    The WRE loops are pretty well marked, too. I went for the first time last year and rode the beginner's loop solo without a hitch. A really cool event, I'll be back this year.
    Hold my beer and watch this!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks guys - I gave NEMBA and Diesel a look before coming to MTBR, but they seemed a bit dated on responses. I'll have another go - thanks for the info.

Just a flesh wound
    I ride Wompatuck a few times a week. Probably an hour from Chestnut Hill. You could try Blue Hills which has some good climbing, or there is a nice network of trails at Hale Reservation and Noanet Woods in Dover. Much better than Cutler. I will be in Vermont this weekend, but you are free to join me another time. Usually go out for a 18 to 20 mile ride. We do a Tuesday night ride as well.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Ripmo now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks amigo - appreciate the offer. Will definitely be in touch, stoked to check out some of your spots.

Chris