NEMBAFest: Who's going?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

NEMBAFest: Who's going?

Who's here is headed to NEMBAFest this weekend? Should be a great time, lots of vendors, demos, group rides etc. on Saturday along with a short track race, followed by the Landmine Classic race on Sunday morning. I helped lay out some of the ride loops/race course on Labor day, you'll get a chance to see some of the best trails that Wompatuck has to offer.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check this out for more information, directions etc. Should be a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    My wife and I are going.

mtbr member
    Wish I was but Im off to maine for snowmobile trail building... Or cutting I should say.

Jun 2007
    im going for the technical ride which i hear is alright. Any chance I can spend hanging out for a day with other freeriders ill take.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeland2
    Wish I was but Im off to maine for snowmobile trail building... Or cutting I should say.
    Wow, so how many miles of trail are you cutting?

mtbr member
    Its only a small trail across the property so we can ride to the back side. Basically just connecting to the road that runs along the back side. We started on an old trail that used to go through but it grew in so we have to cut quite a few good size trees to open it back up. The entire lot was clear cut about 20 years ago i think they said so its pretty rough in spots from the logging. We might rent an excavator for a day to remove some rocks and smooth out some bumps but hopefully the snow is deep enough this year that none of that will be an issue. If Im really ambitious its also going to be the start of some singletrack branching off on both sides. Unfortunately Im not a really ambitious person. lol

I like to ride my bike.
    I'll be there for the shortrack on Sat. and the "real" race on Sunday. After the race on Sat. I'll hang out at the vendor area to try some bikes out. Last year, the NEMBA fest and the race were a blast!
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Aug 2007
    Hey all, I have a friend that is running the beginner class in the short track this weekend. He's new to the MTB thing but is in pretty good shape. Just wandering what the short race is like. Any true beginners or is everyone speeding around. What is the track like

I like to ride my bike.
    The course is not too technical. There are a few slow speed technical sections, but for the most part, it is over flattened grass and pavement where you have to really sprint. It's a fun race because you can usually see who's in front of you and that gives you a lot of determination to beat them. Beginners will take around 40 minutes. The racers do as many laps as possible in 20 minutes, then 3 laps.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Members who have read this thread: 0