Nantucket Riding

Printable View

• 03-02-2010
    JEM2
    Nantucket Riding
    Hi All,
    I will be on Nantucket in May for the Food & Wine festival "Chefing" a booth.. I have a two day down time from my first event to the last two.. So I was thinking of bringing my MTB with me and hitting some of the local single track.. I have read that its kinda touch and go at best but I was wondering if anyone knows of any established trails?
    Thanks,
    JEM
  • 03-03-2010
    junglejim86
    We have lots of good trails, if you want to come by Young's Bicycle Shop I would be happy to draw some trails onto a map for you, or if it happens to be on my day off I would be happy to show you around.
  • 03-03-2010
    JEM2
    Thanks! I will do that. I will be there from the May 19th until the 25th with my free days the 21st and 22nd.. Do I ask for junglejim??
    JEM
  • 03-04-2010
    junglejim86
    Just Jim will suffice, you can usally find me toward the back of the store, but hopefully we will be busy during the festival so I could be scrambling around anywhere.
  • 03-04-2010
    junglejim86
    I also have no idea what my days off will be that week so I can't really plan ahead, that being said if you come into the store and it's my day off ask for Tyler and he will do a great job pointing you to some trails.
  • 03-08-2010
    JEM2
    thanks man!
    JEM
  • 05-16-2010
    JEM2
    Hey Jim, any idea what your schedule looks like this week?? looks like I am going to do a AM ride on Thursday , all day ride on Friday, mid afternoon on Sat and Sun...
    Jason
  • 05-25-2010
    JEM2
    I just wanted to post up that the guys at Young's bikes on the island are AWSOME!!!!!!!!! Jim showed me around the local ST even after I snagged a fisher stick and snapped my Rear hanger.. he quickly rigged me up SS and we charged on... after the ride was done we parted ways I headed back to the shop to see if they had the parts I needed to fix up the RZ... we Tyler spent some time out of his super busy day finding me a hanger... I needed a new chain so the guys gladdly put the bike on the stand and put the new chain on for me... come to find out that the DR cage was a touch tweaked so the boys spent some time bending and putting things back to normal (well almost.. but close enough)

THANKS GUYS!!!
    JEM