Milford, MA- Mtbr.com

Thread: Milford, MA

mtbr member

Milford, MA

I have a business trip to Milford MA in a few weeks. Are there any trails in the area that I could a ride in before the work day? Would love to have an 1.5 hour loop.

mtbr member
    ahhhh, only nemba's only owned property... vietnam! No shortage of videos on youtube that's for sure.. bring your hucking skills.... or just ride the singletrack...
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    when are you going to be there and where are you staying ?
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    ahhhh, only nemba's only owned property... vietnam! No shortage of videos on youtube that's for sure.. bring your hucking skills.... or just ride the singletrack...
    Link to a map or GPS routes?

Quote Originally Posted by Circusjunk View Post
    when are you going to be there and where are you staying ?
    3rd week of july. Will be at the doubletree

mtbr member
    Check Garmin Connect for gps tracks.

mtbr member
    Here's some details from when I asked about Vietnam a while ago. Parking behind Wendy's was perfect, just follow the paved bike path back.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Blackstone Valley NEMBA -Vietnam Map

the double tree ,is just beyond I-495 in the lower right hand corner
    I'm Better known as Splat

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MixMastaMM View Post
    Link to a map or GPS routes?

3rd week of july. Will be at the doubletree
    If you happen to be riding that Thursday I'm usually there most Thursday nights as part of a group ride, I work about 15 minutes East of there off the pike. You can always use a GPS or the map route as well, but if you park at the lot near Wendys around 5-6pm on just about any week night you can usually find at least a few people heading in. Completely up to you, I'm happy to give a tour if Thursday happens to be your night, otherwise I'm sure you'll run into others. Just about everyone I've met out there has been really cool to ride with.

mtbr member
    thanks for the great info. I'll post when the trip gets closer.

mtbr member
    Should be here after work today. Anyone else heading out tonight? Going to follow this track.

Vietnam Tuesday by dj_eighty at Garmin Connect - Details

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sorry, maybe hijacking the thread a little bit.

I ride the paved trail a lot with my wife (from the Hopkinton line to Milford center), but I've always wondered about going off into the trails there at the beginning of the bike path.

I don't really know anybody else around in my age group (37) that bikes. Is this something I could handle on my own?

I'm not looking to do X-Games stuff. I live a few miles away and I just want to get off road and ride (more challenging than a paved path, you know?). Also, I don't have any concerns about physical demands -- I'm fit and agile.

Thanks,
    David

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I see plenty of people your age and older riding. What kind of bike do you ride? The trails at Vietnam would not be much fun on any kind of hybrid bike. You'll want a "serious" mountain bike. Plenty of people ride big bikes on all the stunts in there, but you can get around the trails and even hit most of the features on an entry level hardtail (all stunts have go-arounds as well). If it's your first time riding off road it won't be easy when you're starting out. But just get out and and give a it a go and after a handful of rides you'll find yourself staying on the bike more and walking less

Don't be afraid to approach a group of riders on the trails and ask them for directions to find your way around or even if you can tag along at the back of their group (this is a great way to get better). Most people out on the trails are reasonably friendly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks, birdman.

I've had an entry level hardtail for about 5 years. It has 100's of miles of roads and trails on it with no problems.

I appreicate your information. I might head off some morning to get lost in there for 1/2 a day.

Members who have read this thread: 0