I wrote this email to NEMBA but thought I would share

"I was writing to make NEMBA aware of an upcoming conference that a representative from NEMBA might want to attend. You may already know about it, but since it came across my desk, I thought I would forward.

It is a called “massachusetts trails conference building trails: a path to vibrant communities” and it is being held november 3-4, 2017 | leominster, ma

Massachusetts​ Trails Conference - Massachusetts Trails Conference

In addition, they are looking for groups to nominate for awards. From website “The 2017 conference organizers are calling on the trail community to nominate individuals, groups, communities, organizations and agencies for the 2017 Massachusetts Trail Award. The purpose of the award is to recognize someone or some entity that has had a significant impact on the Massachusetts trail scene.”

I think NEMBA would be a great nominee.

I also wanted to make NEMBA aware that there are State grants for trail project (although they require a 20% match). The latest round awarded $1.8Million to 49 different communities.
Massachusetts awards $1.8 million in recreational trail grants to 49 communities | masslive.com "