Made it! Who wants to ride?- Mtbr.com
    never ender

Made it! Who wants to ride?

After a chaotic, beer-soaked 3 weeks on the road, I'm finally settled in here in Amherst. School starts in a week and I'd like to scope out some trails before that. Anybody down to show me around?
    Last edited by fat_weasel; 08-28-2007 at 01:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I think you just missed a group ride at Bachelor St last friday. I think Competitive Edge does group rides in the area on Wednesday nights but I'm not sure how "open" those are.

I could show you around Earls/Bachelor St. I usually ride M/W/F around lunch time. Shoot me a PM if that works for you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'd take up Dfinn's offer of guidance before trying to run with the comp edge crew on their weekday ride-it's expert race pace and if you get dropped-you're on your own (that being said-if you got the chops it's a great ride).

There's a group ride (all abilities at Wendell Sf this Wednesday night-6:15pm-you'll need lights.

I'm going to ride sometime during the day on thursday and friday-if you're interested drop me a PM.

Welcome to western, MA!

mtbr member
    Group rides at batchelor street (in Granby) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, sometimes Sunday as well. Ride usually begins around 5:30. Smallish group(3-6 riders), generally a fairly fast pace but we can accomodate most folks so long as they aren't super slow.
    Drop me a PM if you're interested. We're happy to show new folks around.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    1. Fat weasel-I hope you enjoyed your tour up at Wendell today-I was happy the Kid took you on the extended loop-I love those trails and no ride at Wendell is complete without them.-I'm also happy dfinn showed you around the Batch' pretty good two-day intro to local riding.

2. Smelly-hey man, how open are those group rides-I only ask because I get requests all the time for info on Batch group rides-we can talk about what levels your willing to lead around the rocks of batchelor st. PM me (or use my regular email if you got it). I'm glad to hear you're riding a lot and leading group rides!

Liam

mtbr member
    We're happy to ride with anyone so long as they're not a whiner. Just bear in mind we generally hold a fast-ish pace (or so I've been told from some other folks). From the rides I've done with you Liam, I'd say it's pretty much the same pace you hold unless we're taking it slow and easy due to super-hot weather. The group is usually small - there's four of us plus a few others who sometimes join depending on their schedule.

I'd like to get out to Wendell soon and do another ride soon. Do you have a usual ride time?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    If you have any daytime hours next week let me know-we can meet up to ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    We're happy to ride with anyone so long as they're not a whiner. Just bear in mind we generally hold a fast-ish pace (or so I've been told from some other folks). From the rides I've done with you Liam, I'd say it's pretty much the same pace you hold unless we're taking it slow and easy due to super-hot weather. The group is usually small - there's four of us plus a few others who sometimes join depending on their schedule.

I'd like to get out to Wendell soon and do another ride soon. Do you have a usual ride time?
    Yo Chaz,

Are you willing to formalize one of your group rides as a generally posted open Nemba ride?? Basically I'd like to name you as a contact, and post the ride, day and time in Singletracks and on the NEMBA forum. I get folks all the time looking for group rides at the area hotspots, and I get lots of complaints that NEMBA doesn't do enough trail rides (all work and no play) so I'm trying to build up a cadre of willing, amiable and personable (and skilled) local leaders--love to lean on you for this--let me know what you think.

Oh-got any daytime hours tomorrow?? I'm going ride somewhere.

Liam

Members who have read this thread: 0