Looking for a little info- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Looking for a little info

Hello everyone,
    My name is George I am a rider from PA and I am really interested in taking a trip to the Vietnam trails sometime next year. I am just wondering if you guys/gals could tell me the best time of the year to head up for my first time and maybe suggest a nice ride so I could see as much of the awesome features that are at Vietnam. Thanks hopefully everyone had a merry Christmas and a happy new year as well

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey there, Good choice on Vietnam. Awesome place. As for the best time to get to Vietnam....any time you have more than two hours to ride. Personally, my favorite time of year is September and October. Once we get some snow it will probably not be as much fun but certainly still worth a visit with studs, etc. There is a good map at BikeRag.com. It is pretty muddy after things thaw until late June sometimes so if you are coming up specifically to ride, i would avoid it. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thank you so much if I plan on coming for a few days are there any other trails in the area relatively close to Vietnam?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    For sure. I am not sure what you consider relatively close but the Kingdom trails and Mill Stone Hill in VT are incredible. That is about a 3 hour drive though. Fort Rock in Essex NH is about 45 min and super tech. Lynn woods is pretty ridiculous but find some local knowledge or go on a NEMBA group ride. For a bit more mellow day, Wompatuck is one of my favorites. Harold Parker is another local favorite. Vietnam is by far my favorite though. Kingdom Trails definitely worth the effort. Oh, if downhill craziness is your bag then you have to go to Highland Mountain bike park. Bring your compression suit though.

I am sure there are epic trails further west than Vietnam, but i am close to Boston so that is what i know. Good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Minor correction, look for Fort Rock would be in Exeter, NH, not Essex.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldiemouldy View Post
    Minor correction, look for Fort Rock would be in Exeter, NH, not Essex.
    Ah. right. sorry.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    and you would do better to look here for the map.

Blackstone Valley NEMBA - Chapter News

also a new map will be out shortly , we are working on a new and Improved map.

And if you give me emough notice I would be happy to give you a guided tour.
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Well that sounds great I will let you know when I am going to take a trip up. Everyone thanks again for all the info much appreciated

mtbr member
    Lots of riding within an hour from Nam. Check out my map below. I'm in Sutton and know all the trails in the area so if you want a guide let me know when you are in town.

DAC1
    If you decide to travel a little further west look into Batchelor Street in Granby and other western Mass rides such as Wendell, Hawley, DAR, Earls. Group rides posted on NEMBA website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    If you don't have a downhill rig or body armor, Highland Park has gear for rent. I'm more of a cross-country rider, but those have been some of my most fun days on two wheels... If you're coming to this area to ride, it might be a fun side trip.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Lynn Woods is also a must ride of your in the Nam area. Über technical rocky goodness.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    to be honest as long as there isn't snow vietnam is great all year