LLF Bridges?- Mtbr.com

Thread: LLF Bridges?

mtbr member

LLF Bridges?

Anyone know how good the traction is on the bridges in the Land Locked Forest? I've been in there a few times lately when it's wet and get a bit sketched out when I'm five feet above a swamp, hoping a tire doesn't slip out from underneath me. So far no worries as I just pedal evenly and don't touch the front brake. Can anyone attest to traction or lack thereof on these bridges when wet? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I have not had a problem with slipping, but they are fairly straight so little need to turn and test the traction.

On a separate note, it's apparently bow hunting season there. Saw a Hunter on Monday, which is much earlier than previous years. Couldn't find any announcement of dates online anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    --------------
    2019 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 SL
    1999 Trek 8000 SL

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Speaking of LLF, anyone know what's going on with the new trails that have been popping up? There is a new one over by the Rt 3 overview and then two more by the descent to the swamp bridges. One up top and then one below.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    Anyone know how good the traction is on the bridges in the Land Locked Forest? I've been in there a few times lately when it's wet and get a bit sketched out when I'm five feet above a swamp, hoping a tire doesn't slip out from underneath me. So far no worries as I just pedal evenly and don't touch the front brake. Can anyone attest to traction or lack thereof on these bridges when wet? Thanks.
    Same as anywhere for PT lumber in the North east. Go slow unless its dry. I'm told there is rough cut PT stuff, never seen it though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TomB15 View Post
    Speaking of LLF, anyone know what's going on with the new trails that have been popping up? There is a new one over by the Rt 3 overview and then two more by the descent to the swamp bridges. One up top and then one below.
    The low one connecting the swamp bridges has been there for a while. Have not seen the other ones.