kona demo day/ nemba ride @ TOT map- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

kona demo day/ nemba ride @ TOT map

I went to the kona adventure ride that the nemba folks put on this past sunday at Trail of Tears in Falmouth. I was way under dressed for the conditions and only did 13 freezing cold soaking wet miles of the 24 mile loop. I would like to go back this weekend and do the whole 24 mile loop but I am sure they have taken the arrows down by now. Does anyone have a gps file they can send me so I can load it up on my garmin?

thanks,
    adam

Just a flesh wound
    I looked at a bunch of my friends' Strava loops at the event and they all did anywhere from 15 to 18 miles, depending on the GPS recorder. If you look at Six Pack, one of the segments on the loop, there were a couple of top 10 finishes that day, #7 and #9. If you then look at the individual ride, you can then download the gpx file from the ride.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Ripmo now.

mtbr member
    I can send you my GPS of the intermediate loop from the farmersville lot I did the week we were marking the loop. You would probably start there anyways as Camp Lyndon isn't open to the public for parking. With the intermediate loop you can just add on the two extra sections to get the full expert loop. Without the out and back to the camp it probably will come out closer to 14-16 miles depending on your gps.

Here's a link to a pic of the expert loop for reference.

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...11&oe=588AAAF3

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    thanks for the help guys I still have both of the maps for the intermediate and the expert loop. I was really hoping to get the 24 mile loop in one gps file but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I guess with the camp in there it would be more like a 19 or 20 mile ride. does anybody know who marked the expert loop? maybe they have the file I am looking for.

mtbr member
    Jason Catania made up the routes. You can find him on CCNEMBA FB page. See if this gets you there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2110...?ref=bookmarks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

Just a flesh wound
    I looked at 15 Strava rides for that day and the folks I know who would have ridden the Expert loop all rode 16 or 17 miles. I think that's it.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Ripmo now.

mtbr member
    I created the loop and unfortunately the arrowing was incorrect on the trail which cut off about 1.5 miles of the loop known as "The six pack". I did not ride the loop on the day of (led a loop on the lesser ridden sandwich side trails) so I don't have a full loop on gps . The expert sections are loops off the intermediate loop so if you have the intermediate loop gpx file and use the map for the two expert parts you should be fine. I will try and ride the expert loop soon and make sure to track it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    thanks for making it make sense waterboy. I was kind of on the expert ride, more or less just tagging along and getting dropped a bit. I was near the air port area when I finally had enough of being freezing cold. it makes sense why I missed six pack now since you said it was arrowed wrong.

definatly post back if you do the whole loop in one file. I am assuming you will probably leave from the race lane parking lot which is where I usually park. I might try riding there more often and would like to try to get a nice 20ish mile loop nailed down that I can memorize.

Do you think there is a 20 mile loop worth of trails at Otis? I tend to ride there more often and know the area better, but not enough to nail down the best way to link up a really long ride without going up and down the same trail 3-4 times to get to other trails.

mtbr member
    adumb,

I have yet to get a chance to get out and ride the full expert loop but I was able to quickly put together the route via strava at the below link. Without the trip to and from Camp Lyndon it appears the loop is a little over 17 miles. I personally haven't done a 20 mile loop at Otis as time constraints usually keep me to 11-15 miles but there is certainly enough out there to put one together without touching much of the same trail. I will think about that though and get back to you. Hope this helps!

https://www.strava.com/routes/7099053

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb View Post
    thanks for making it make sense waterboy. I was kind of on the expert ride, more or less just tagging along and getting dropped a bit. I was near the air port area when I finally had enough of being freezing cold. it makes sense why I missed six pack now since you said it was arrowed wrong.

definatly post back if you do the whole loop in one file. I am assuming you will probably leave from the race lane parking lot which is where I usually park. I might try riding there more often and would like to try to get a nice 20ish mile loop nailed down that I can memorize.

Do you think there is a 20 mile loop worth of trails at Otis? I tend to ride there more often and know the area better, but not enough to nail down the best way to link up a really long ride without going up and down the same trail 3-4 times to get to other trails.
    Otis 18 Miles.gpx

I quickly put this together adumb, hits a lot of my favorites. Only 18 miles, I could have spent more time getting you to 20. It involves parking at my favorite spot which is at the 151/Cloverfield lot.

It also skips the fan favorite "Rip Your Shorts Off".
    Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades.