Kids MTB Ride-May 10th-Robinson State Park-Agawam, MA- Mtbr.com
    Steam Donkey

Kids MTB Ride-May 10th-Robinson State Park-Agawam, MA

First kids ride of the season!!! Saturday, 5/10 kids/beginners MTB ride in Robinson State Park. Meet at my house for 9:30AM. All are welcome. Bring friends... If the kids are on two wheels, they can do it. We split up as needed and regroup often, so everyone is entertained. The big kids will get their fill too.

Please let us know if you will be coming. Steve 413-786-3744
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    TheHare/Steve,
    I have a sister inlaw, brother inlaw and a 6 year old nephew interested. They are total newbies. Can you provide additional info (meeting place, ride times, etc)? Also, plans for a "more experienced" ride afterwards?

Thanks,
    Jason

Steam Donkey
    Jason, We ride as long as the kids want to. Usually goes about 1.5 to 2 hours. When the kids are in a group, they really feed off each other and just keep going. My kids usually whine after 30 minutes or so, but put them in a group and they just keep rolling and smiling. Terrain is very easy and can't get much better for beginner MTBing. We usually ride together as one group for a while, then I will take the faster kids at a higher tempo for a bit and then we regroup. My wife takes the other group and it works out great. Robinson has lots of trails in a relatively small area, so there are multiple options to get to the same location...and we regroup.
    Make sure the little ones are well fed before we head out, and be sure to bring some food and water for them.
    As far as riding afterward... From the kid ride you will get a good idea where to ride and are welcome to head back out from my house after, during, or before. The riding is not very technical, but flowing and fun and MTB specific. The faster you go the more "technical" it gets. Some say there is no real climbing, others say there is plenty...
    I dropped you a pm Steve

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Steve,
    Sent you a PM. Thanks for all the info!!
    Jason

Steam Donkey
    We have about 26 riders confirmed!!!! (kids and parents)

Steam Donkey

Good job!

We ended up with 36!!!!

Some pics posted on NEMBA

http://www.nemba.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21278

Members who have read this thread: 0