Just got back from the Berkshires- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Just got back from the Berkshires

Hey folks, I just got back from a weekend overnight mountain bike trip to Bachelor Street and Pittsfield SF. I rode Twister at Bachelor Street and it was one of my all-time favorites. But I enjoyed the new Turner Trail at Pittsfield SF more than anything else I've ever biked on.

I was wondering if Berkshire Nemba or whichever chapter does Bachelor Street stuff is planning on building new trails. I Pittsfield SF has a lot of potential.

But I was wondering even more if better signage at these places was a possibility. I got lost several times on this trip and there were loads of unmapped trails near the top of the Turner Trail.

If these places had better signage, they would be my all-time favorite places. Is anyone working on it?

Also, what are some other good trails in this area? I really enjoyed what I've done so far, but I am also aware that many state parks in the Berkshires have been wrecked by ATVs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Batchelor St is Not in the Berkshires-it's in the Pioneer valley. Send a shout out to Smelly on this forum if you're looking to join the local work crew there.

Berkshire Nemba does the bulk of the trail work construction out in that other Valley where the streams flow towards the Housatonic river and Not the Connecticut river. They're Good guys who do good work-I'm sure one of them will post up to let you know who to contact to get involved.

Oh, both Pittsfield SF and B-Street are excellent riding destinations. How much of either did you ride? Just asking because one reference to Twister and The turner trails seems a little light for a ride at either of these destinations.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I would have ridden a lot more at both places, but I got lost several times. Maybe I should get a gps system for my bike or something

mtbr member
    Not to sidetrack this, but where's the nearest riding near Becket, MA? Just found out I'll be out there for a weekend next summer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Anytime you want information or a tour of our trails, feel free to contact

Berkshire NEMBA or me personally. Always glad to show off our hard work. Harry

mtbr member
    Same goes for Bachelor street. Contact me next time you're out if you want a tour. Always happy to show off our stuff. Within 3 miles of the b street parking lot there is almost 40 miles of biker-built singletrack, and if Twister was one of your all time favorites, you probably didn't descend Rollercoaster.