Jiminy Peak ?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jiminy Peak ?

over my head

Jiminy Peak ?

I'm going up this weekend. Anyone been lately? Any tips? Do they close because of rain? I would appreciate any reviews / suggestions people have ...

thx,

BM
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I was there this past weekend, the Berkshire express lift to the top is now open. It was raining on and off but they kept the lifts running. They are usually ok with letting you go up unless it starts to thunder and lightning which it did towards the end of the day, the small lift to half way up stayed open a little later.

over my head
    Thanks - what were the lines like? Do you have to wait with the Alpine Sliders etc. or do the let bikers go ahead?

thx,
    BM

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Never much of a wait, both lines move pretty fast. Really no need to use the small lift as long as the big one is running. The small one is very slow. Not sure of how the crowds will be with the holiday Friday.

over my head
    So - if it's too wet to DH - any good singletrack? I suppose I could poach one of the old PEDROS loops (not the new area - there will probably be too many people around there). or - maybe even drop by the Kendafest area - they are probably doing trailwork...

over my head
    I rode on Saturday. It rained off and on all day - until 4 pm. As soon as I called it quits, the sky opened and the sun came out. Anyway, it was great. real muddy, but still agreat time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Friday was good weather.

Mar 2007
    Wanted to revive this thread, I am visiting the inlaws on western mass and was thinking of hitting up highland in NH when I was told that closer places are running lift access. problem is, airlines charge $150 each way to take a bike so I need to rent, Highland rent bikes but I was wondering if anywhere in western mass also rented bikes, tried to call jiminy peak but its all recorded messages.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall
    Wanted to revive this thread, I am visiting the inlaws on western mass and was thinking of hitting up highland in NH when I was told that closer places are running lift access. problem is, airlines charge $150 each way to take a bike so I need to rent, Highland rent bikes but I was wondering if anywhere in western mass also rented bikes, tried to call jiminy peak but its all recorded messages.

Thanks
    No rentals at Jiminy. You can usually get them on the phone around 8-5 hours, just hit 0, they may have someone who can recommend a local rental shop.

Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dday297
    No rentals at Jiminy. You can usually get them on the phone around 8-5 hours, just hit 0, they may have someone who can recommend a local rental shop.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'll be there Friday, never seen anyone there on a weekday, may have the mountain to myself!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    FYI- Jiminy is open on Monday 10/13 for the holiday.

over my head

Any idea when they

close for the season? I'd like to det up there one more time. Highland goes until 11/15

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    weekend of the 25th is the last I think

mtbr member
    How are the trails at Jiminy? Was looking at going to Highland this weekend but there is a chance of rain so I was thinking of staying closer to home. Do they have a good trail network or is it a bunch of fire roads like Killington? Are the trails marked well or is it better to have someone show you around? Anyone going on Saturday?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Jiminy has plenty of natural, technical trails mostly in the woods with some nice fast singletrack sections across the slopes, pretty well marked. Grab a trail map at the base. If you want steep hit the 3 trails to the left off the big lift, these trails are tough. The trails to the right off the open road are good (look for the one near the wind turbine) and connect to a few more trails by the top of the smaller lift. A section of the lower part (trail B I believe) got cut up by a new ski trail but reconnects a little lower, just keep your eyes open.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Sicklines did an East Coast tour of lift accessed bike parks. They did a nice write up and helmet cam vid of Jiminy Peak:

http://www.sicklines.com/courses/eth...rt-hancock-ma/

Members who have read this thread: 0