i need to ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: i need to ride

mtbr member

i need to ride

are there any trails around boston or the cape that didn't get too much snow on friday or sunday

mtbr member
    The Boston North Shore trails to walloped with snow and rain. I'm going to take a peak at some trails tomorrow w/studs.

person
    North central got hammered, aprox 12'' after both storms.......I think I need to pick up a trainer, and a set of snow shoes because winter riding ain't possible with those snow totals.
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Vietnam got clobbered we have about 18 inches on the ground
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    ames nowell and wampatuck are out of the question right now, but wamp may be a go in a week or two they allow snowmobiles on some of the trails, it will pack them down nicely, I've been riding road but that gets kind of goofy and not as fun on a heavy FS bike,

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    How about the cape? Otis? ToT?

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Bonking ... not feelin' well ToT

[QUOTE=Ghostshifter]How about the cape? Otis? ToT?

Put studs on & rode around the homestead...(Barnstable) It was no go .

...Took a cruise over to ToT w/hiking boots (a little scotch) and a ass-pad tagged to the Camelback; although I bushwacked (for fear of postholing) the trails are a No Go yet. Sure, you can get a 1/4 mi, then it's 3-5" crust over corn for another 1/4.( btw: Not that I ever care, there were hunters everywhere. I took the road loop first and there were many, many hunters hanging or vehicals at every trailhead...not that I care about that sh*t.* The call is for rain here. So riding should improve when it freezes over again. Please keep in mind that softy trails at ToT do not mean it's cool to come down here and rip it up...please wait for the re-freeze-over or for it to DRAIN.* Thank you. By: Nemba person who works the trails along w/MANY other locals of the same MO. Same rule differant place: see your rut...ride the fireroads!P.S. I did see a couple of locals who were heading in there upon leaving? It's possible they have packed down a loop. I went hiking & bushwacked into areas that do not see much traffic..Soo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the input.

Members who have read this thread: 0