Help!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Help!

Aug 2008

Help!

I just moved back to mass. last year and just got a new bike and am looking for places to ride, anyone know of any trails or anything in The new bedford area... the sooner the better cuz im goin back to college soon.

Aug 2008
    Or if anyone knows any trails in Western Mass. were i go to school that would help to

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    there is a trail in Mattappoisett by the industrial park.It is right off the highway.take the Mattapoisett exit then take your first left follow all the way to back.
    also do a search for Otis.
    Also check w/ your local mountain bike store.

Aug 2008
    i did and didnt come up with much cept for freetown state forest. thanks for the help

bike dork
    Post over here: NEMBA.org

There's plenty of beautiful riding in Western MA, great views, plenty of climbing and some really nice technical riding.

The New Bedford area is a tough one - don't know much other than Freetown, Myles Standish on the way to the Cape (get a local to guide, really hard to find the good stuff from what I recall). On the Cape - Otis and Trail of Tears are the best bets, Otis being the closer riding spot. If you're willing to travel a bit Foxboro and NAM are both right off of 495.
    Full disclosure; I sell and repair bikes for a living: http://blackstonebicycles.blogspot.com/

Aug 2008
    i heard about those, what are they like, i would love to find a nice place that had decent dirt jumps and freeriding, i was spoiled when i lived in NY that me and friends and others built or own freeride park to use down the road

bike dork
    If you like FR stuff head to Vietnam in Milford. Foxboro has plenty of rocky technical trail as well, just not as groomed as the NEMBA trails in 'Nam. Trail of Tears is mostly just fast XC, nice stuff but not too technical. Otis has some drops, but it's also full of really fun fast singletrack.
    Full disclosure; I sell and repair bikes for a living: http://blackstonebicycles.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0