Hale Reservation- Mtbr.com
    GNR
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Hale Reservation

I find this place to be an underrated place overall. Marked trails are all good, but the unmarked trails are the ones I've really enjoyed, especially those on the south side of Powisset St. Didn't see a soul today though.

Anyone ride there regularly?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Hale

Quote Originally Posted by GNR View Post
    I find this place to be an underrated place overall. Marked trails are all good, but the unmarked trails are the ones I've really enjoyed, especially those on the south side of Powisset St. Didn't see a soul today though.

Anyone ride there regularly?
    Definitely underrated. Campers have built a nice little pump track over by the Hale Summer Day camp. Strawberry hill has some good tough single track. Oak hill trail south of Powissett is a good tuff technical section. Use the White trail from Oak Hill to connect to Satan's Kingdom. SK has some fun boulders to punch up and over. SK is across from Hartford street near corner of Kingswood road. You can also connect Hale to the Rocky Woods, Snow Hill, Chase Woodlands and Rock Narrows. You can also connect Adams Farms with the new Nstar road along the power lines. Have fun

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'll ride Hale 5-6 times a season. I love it, its sort of under the radar, so its great to get a ride in there if you want to mix it up.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member
    I try to ride here on a monthly basis. I don't know many of the trail names but i generally park at the Camp Grossman parking lot, ride up the road towards the transfer station and duck in on the right and ride double track to Strawberry hill trail, do that then go to the other side of Powisset and hit up those trails, then head further south to Satan's Kingdom - absolutely love that trail!! If i still have any juice there is a nice little out and back loop on the trail back from Satan's to the parking lot. So many options to extend.. definitely an underrated place that is so much nicer than riding Vietnam all the time!