Grassroots Endurance Series Interest?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Grassroots Endurance Series Interest?

I've been back in New England for almost 10 years now and have yet to find something similar to the NMES or AZES (New Mexico Endurance Series or Arizona Endurance Series) 'events'. These were endurance length, to ultra endurance length rides, totally grassroots, no fees, no sanctioning bodies, no marked trails. Load the route into your gps receiver of choice, meet the gang at a predetermined start time and place - hit "start" on your head unit and GO!

To have your time counted as a finisher one simply need to save their gps track / file to Strava or RWGPS or whatever. It was great fun and just for bragging rights - but both series noted above have evolved into solid annual series.

I'll cross-post this to other New England states' forums to see what everyone thinks - and know I could easily spearhead 1-2 epic point - to - point 8 to 12 hour routes mainly on the North Shore / Merrimack Valley area of MA. Perhaps I've missed the boat, and am not sure how strong the New England MTBR 'scene' is, as we're a different bunch here with dozens of sub-groups sprinkled all over the place.

Imagine starting in North Andover in the early morning and ending at Happy Hour at the brew pub in Gloucester? Bam! Let me know where to look if there already is this stuff out there...
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I think that would be a great idea and I can think of a handful of people who would be probably be interested, just amongst my riding buddies. The north shore/cape ann and a bunch of connected trails. We frequently ride in the Beverly/Ipswich/G-Town/Manchester area in a connected fashion with minimal road.

mtbr member
    What's up Jeff! Of course you'd be into this - I'll plan one or two and let folks know when and where - and just go from there. Any late spring / early summer dates work good for you?
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    :lurk