Got snow?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Got snow?

never ender

Got snow?

The Pioneer Valley looks to be socked in for a while. I've got snow tires on order, but until then, are there any trails that are clear enough to be worth driving, like ToT maybe?

mtbr member
    Rode Trail of Tears today. Did a 8 mile ride and no snow on the singletrack. Some occasional dusting on the sides of the trail. The leaves and pine needles sucked up the moisture pretty good. The ground was pretty firm - only some small 1-2' patches of mud near the bottom of some washouts. I had to drive to Falmouth later in the day and all woods around Otis look the same - snow free.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newking
    Rode Trail of Tears today. Did a 8 mile ride and no snow on the singletrack. Some occasional dusting on the sides of the trail. The leaves and pine needles sucked up the moisture pretty good. The ground was pretty firm - only some small 1-2' patches of mud near the bottom of some washouts. I had to drive to Falmouth later in the day and all woods around Otis look the same - snow free.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably hit Otis this weekend if it isn't TOO c-c-c-ollld.

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks much for the intell. Rode Otis for the first time Sunday, had a blast, and hoping to return this weekend for more fun if I can find my damn booties (never put bike stuff in more than one place during a move!)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

never ender
    Sweet. I think I'll head out there tomorrow if I can get up early enough. It's a haul from the valley, but right now it's worth it.

never ender
    Oh yeah...anybody know of any campgrounds on the Cape that are open this time of year?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I feel everyone's pain. but no snow here on Cape Cod. I went mtbing last weekend right after the storm and had no mud either. rode the dry roads tonight. probably mtb tmw or thursday.

counted 7 cars at RT151/Otis area on Sunday. nice to see others are riding here.

but we've had bad winters also. 2 yrs ago we got 30+ inches from one storm but it was gone within 2 weeks but then another storm about a month later lasted much longer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    it's highly unlikely any camp grounds are open anywhere. everything is shut down for sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I think Peters Pond Campground is open in Sandwich. It's on Cotuit Road.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    it closed back in October.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Could be wrong but Shawme Crowell may have some sites open on the weekends. That's a state forest so check on the DCR website or reserveamerica

never ender
    yeah, it looks like camping is out for a while. It's supposed to get pretty cold in the next few days.

Members who have read this thread: 0