Got dirt?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Got dirt?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,483

    Got dirt?

    Jonesing north New Englanders want to know. Let us know where the dry singletrack is and we'll repay the favor with extensive guided tours this summer. We'll show you ours if you show us yours....but you first.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: offrhodes42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    509
    I know Otis on the Cape is good to go (I not been myself). I am also looking for someplace to hit the trails, will be coming from Concord, NH. Is there anything closer than Otis ready to ride?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skunkty14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    763
    Anything on the Cape is in decent shape at this point (ToT, Otis, Willow St., Nickerson). Moving north, Pine Hills in Plymouth is probably okay, Duxbury was okay Saturday as well. Wompatuck is still pretty wet & is littered with loads of deadfall, some very large. Big River in RI was okay on Sunday, low points wet and needed to be avoided, higher ground was in good shape. Arcadia is probably similar situation right now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,483
    How about North Shore?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skunkty14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt
    How about North Shore?
    Still snowed in from what little I know; probably borderline rideable at best to a mess but I have no firsthand experience. I haven't ventured north of Boston based on what I've heard & considering I'm based south of the city anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkty14
    Anything on the Cape is in decent shape at this point (ToT, Otis, Willow St., Nickerson). Moving north, Pine Hills in Plymouth is probably okay, Duxbury was okay Saturday as well. Wompatuck is still pretty wet & is littered with loads of deadfall, some very large. Big River in RI was okay on Sunday, low points wet and needed to be avoided, higher ground was in good shape. Arcadia is probably similar situation right now too.

    i can speak for pinehill in plymouth, i have ridden there a couple times in the past couple weeks and it is 100% fine, not including a little bit of deadfall here and there...the ground is really high up so water isn't a problem, and the snow has been gone for a two weeks now.

  7. #7
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,431
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt
    How about North Shore?

    Nothing will be rideable for at least a couple weeks.
    Voltron

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Westwoods - Guilford, CT

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36
    90% dirty dirt and rising. Come on down. Drop a line, and we'll work it out. I'll update conditions as the week progresses.

  10. #10
    !snotrocket!
    Reputation: rottendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    Nothing will be rideable for at least a couple weeks.
    most of the north shore spots don't open up till the 15th of april

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Dogtown is 2/3 dry dirt 1/3 soft dirt/snow. Tomorrow's rain should make a good dent in that. The rest of the trails are still pretty covered. I'd say 2 weeks before the snow is mostly gone and then maybe a week or so of dry weather for it to dry out.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Dogtown is 2/3 dry dirt 1/3 soft dirt/snow. Tomorrow's rain should make a good dent in that. The rest of the trails are still pretty covered. I'd say 2 weeks before the snow is mostly gone and then maybe a week or so of dry weather for it to dry out.
    Keep us posted Bill. Looking forward to chasing you and yours around s'more.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikinDude
    90% dirty dirt and rising. Come on down. Drop a line, and we'll work it out. I'll update conditions as the week progresses.
    where r u MTBdude?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36
    With Bill, Dogtown. Looking at the weather I'd say it should be mostly ride-able by the weekend. Probably a bit wet still. Supposed to warm up quite a bit toward the end of the week. Will update as the weeks progresses

    -Tobias

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: offrhodes42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    509
    Where is Dogtown?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by offrhodes42
    Where is Dogtown?
    Rockport/Gloustah!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikinDude
    With Bill, Dogtown. Looking at the weather I'd say it should be mostly ride-able by the weekend. Probably a bit wet still. Supposed to warm up quite a bit toward the end of the week. Will update as the weeks progresses

    -Tobias
    Ted is right. Most of Dogtown should be good by the weekend. The other stuff that I took you on last year won't be ready for a bit. You're more than welcome to come on down for another tour.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Ted is right. Most of Dogtown should be good by the weekend. The other stuff that I took you on last year won't be ready for a bit. You're more than welcome to come on down for another tour.
    In Jersey for some trout fishing with dad this w/e, but maybe next week. Do weekdays work?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt
    In Jersey for some trout fishing with dad this w/e, but maybe next week. Do weekdays work?
    Check your PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.