Georgetown-Rowley SF...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Georgetown-Rowley SF...

...anyone ride there?

No reviews written up for this place and a search in this forum yielded one result with no description. Looking to get a friend into riding. This place good for beginners?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    GRSF was until about a year ago open to motorized use. Now that the atvs are gone, some of the mudpits are drying up, the singletrack is growing back in, and things are looking up. There are still beaver problems and both completed and proposed forestry operations that limit the trail selection. But it's a fun place to explore and the fire roads are suitable for beginners. The DCR map is pretty useless. I have a better one I can send you if you send me a PM.

Willowdale and Bradley Palmer may be better choices. I also like Bald Hill (Boxford SF) in the drier part of the year.

mtbr member
    Thanks man! Sounds decent enough, and thanks for the additional recommendations. I'll look into them as well.

MBN
    mtbr member

Ramshackle........

...........can you give me some info on Boxford State Forrest? I live near the park, and can ride my bike there. I was not able to find any singletrack. I went in the park via Sharpners Pond road. Would love any advice.
    Best,
    M.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Correct. There's not a lot of singletrack there, but some of the forest road when dry is still fun. Best sections are east of Crooked Pond (north at 6, right at 6A to 31), 19 down to middleton Rd., 20-27, behind crooked pond, up Bald Hill and back to Sharpners on the main DT. For better singletrack, HP is a better bet and there is some trail that connecting the two.

Members who have read this thread: 0