Georgetown, MA?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Georgetown, MA?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Georgetown, MA?

Hi Guys. Anyone ride out of Georgetown? I'm moving there next month from Beverly and just wondering how the intown riding options are, I've ridden GT/rowley SP but that was years ago. What about any woods like Crane Pond Wildlife area?
    Thanks. Zach

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hey Zach. They actually just put in a ton of new singletrack over at GSF. Then you could ride over to Willowdale via the bay circuit trail. There is actually a couple of good flowy single tracks in the crane pond wildlife area I ride to them from my house. If you need directions to them PM me.
    Andy

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hi Andy. Thanks for the info, my new house is right across from Crane Pond so it would be great to have an after work loop in there. Looking forward to checking out the single track in GTSP, are those newer trails built by NEMBA?
    Thanks. Zach

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Not too far down the road, there used to be trails in Boxford too that were decent for a quick rip.
    Good to know there is some new trails in GSF...u sed to ride there all the time back in the day. Have been meaning to go back to check it out.
    rise above

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    G-spot, School St. and Bruce and Tom's are all pretty legit and not too far away (Gloucester). There's also Gordon College...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Willowdale, nice pedaling.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tlefko View Post
    G-spot, School St. and Bruce and Tom's are all pretty legit and not too far away (Gloucester).
    Yeah 30 minutes or so to any of those places. Also under 30 minutes drive to Greenwood/Red Dot, Lynn (if you park at Kelly Jeep), Harold Parker, Fort Rock. A bit further to Russell Mill in Chelmsford and Lowell-Dracut. Definitely check out the new singletrack in GTRSF. A lot of it needs to get ridden in a bunch. The stuff that is packed down rides like Willowdale. Fast and flowy, but not much technical challenge other than pace and distance. I go there often but I drive elsewhere too as I like more chunk in my rides. I live in town and haven't checked out the Crane Pond trails at all, I'll have to take a ride over there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Is there a map available for the new singletrack in GTRSF? Thinking of heading over SAturday AM and would love to have a general idea of where to head.
    rise above

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Check out the bay circuit trail, they have maps online. North shore nemba hosts rides from willowdale monday nights. DCR usually has some good maps online as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0