Gardner/Templeton Area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Gardner/Templeton Area

I know there is some decent riding in this area, but can anyone suggest a good route? I've been to Otter River a few times, but there's got to be more.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    There is a mt bike trail around Long Pond (Tulley Dam)over on rt. 32 on the Roylston/Athol line. I used to live in the area but this seems new. Also there are a lot of doubletrack/roads out in the Birch Hill area (behind Lake Denison) There is also hte areas out by Camp Collier (behind MWCC)

Next time I am visiting (live in GA now) I would like to ride the old rail road line from Winchendon to Keene NH. It is a snowmobile trail during the winter. Also behind the Vetrans Cementary (I left before it was there) there were old roads/paths and some good single track. I have not been there for maybe 10-15 years.

Most of the stuff I rode was double track and old/abandoned roads. I had a bunch of topo maps (before GPS) and just pieced together routes. Leominster State Forest has some trails but I never rode them. Heard they were fun.
    Last edited by brianW.; 01-10-2012 at 10:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brianW. View Post
    There is a mt bike trail around Long Pond (Tulley Dam)over on rt. 32 on the Roylston/Athol line. I used to live in the area but this seems new. Also there are a lot of doubletrack/roads out in the Birch Hill area (behind Lake Denison) There is also hte areas out by Camp Collier (behind MWCC)

Next time I am visiting (live in GA now) I would like to ride the old rail road line from Winchendon to Keene NH. It is a snowmobile trail during the winter. Also behind the Vetrans Cementary (I left before it was there) there were old roads/paths and some good single track. I have not been there for maybe 10-15 years.

Most of the stuff I rode was double track and old/abandoned roads. I had a bunch of topo maps (before GPS) and just pieced together routes. Leominster State Forest has some trails but I never rode them. Heard they were fun.
    Thanks for the input. Been to Leominster plenty of times, good stuff. Man, camp collier brings back some memories, completely forgot about that place.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Bear State Park or something like that up in Phillipston has some dec trails..... muddy though..... reaaal muddy.