Frame Powdercoating, Anodizing or Painting in Eastern MA- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Frame Powdercoating, Anodizing or Painting in Eastern MA

I have a pile of parts and a Nashbar frame that I'm going to build up for my wife. The frame I got is plain black but I want to get it refinished before building it. Does anyone know of places in eastern MA that anodize, powdercoat or paint? I could get painting done at any body shop I'm sure, but recommendations of good ones. I would be willing to drive about 30 minutes from Raynham or anywhere up on the North Shore, I'm in Beverly regularly, my mother lives there.

Thanks!

I'm good at crashing
    First thing your going to want to do is have the frame stripped via media blasting or chemical dip...then it can be powder coated or re-sprayed. You cannot powder over paint...but you can powder over another powder...The company that I am the operations manager for has both systems...media blasting and powder coating...we are located on the south shore. I will say that spraying at a body shop is far less expensive as they will probably just rough sand and liquid spray the frame. Where as the frames I have had our guys do in the past are totally stripped to bare metal/aluminium and then solvent cleaned then finally powder coated..but it is not cheap..usually a couple hundred bucks. But it lasts forever.

mtbr member
    Dwreck approximately how much am I looking at to re-powder coat 4 wheels. I had it done about 6 years ago black spokes but I left a polished lip. I'd be interested in going back to silver or maybe "titanium" spokes. I originally paid $480 for 4 wheels. Would it be a lot cheaper 2nd time around or a similar amount?

I'm good at crashing
    really depends on the prep time and the involvement of the process...is there any way of posting a picture of the wheels...it may make a judgment call easier as to the cost and what your looking for exactly

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwreck
    First thing your going to want to do is have the frame stripped via media blasting or chemical dip...then it can be powder coated or re-sprayed. You cannot powder over paint...but you can powder over another powder...The company that I am the operations manager for has both systems...media blasting and powder coating...we are located on the south shore. I will say that spraying at a body shop is far less expensive as they will probably just rough sand and liquid spray the frame. Where as the frames I have had our guys do in the past are totally stripped to bare metal/aluminium and then solvent cleaned then finally powder coated..but it is not cheap..usually a couple hundred bucks. But it lasts forever.
    Thanks for the info, PM sent.

Members who have read this thread: 0