Foxboro Trails- Mtbr.com

Thread: Foxboro Trails

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Foxboro Trails

What are the best trails in gilbert hills state forest? Do you reccommened parking at thre ranger station or the conservation (RT 140) parking lot. I am looking for knurly single track and the "hidden trails"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Try bikerag.com for a map of Foxboro. I have only ridden there a few times, but a map is helpful finding the good stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hello Big boss man ... I am Red Leg ... I am 52 years of age, am currently riding a Gary Fisher Cake 2 Deluxe, have been "trail-riding" seriously for 8 years and am of solid intermediate skill-level and know Foxboro like the back of my hand and love every square foot of it and all the trails too. There is no boring part to this place. There is a good deal of technical (some nice but not too serious drop-offs and really great hills and many out-of-the-way trails where you are not likely to see another human being the whole time. Very little mud or water and conditions are normally well-packed and you can ride very fast in many places ... the roller coaster amusement park effect is ample here. Even on the "main" multi-use trail you will have a lot of privacy. The state-generated trail map does not show all of the trails you can ride by any means... this is not a really big place; only about 1,025 acres but abuts local conservation areas so you can add significant mileage if you wish to ... just take a trail and go for it I suggest. I do and have never been disappointed. I always park at the Ranger Station as there are always others parked there and your car is less of a target for theft. I have never heard of theft here or anywhere around here except of course for the folks who leave their windows open or doors unlocked ... normal precautions! I strongly recommend Foxboro. If you wish to speak further, I am here. Yours, Red Leg ... from Mansfield, MA, right down the street from this Foxboro Forest. It is a truly beautiful place if you also happen to appreciate Nature ... you are very apt to hear the Whippoorwill and Wood Thrush ... no I am not a pansy ... I will ride my ass off, beat the hell out of myself and my machine ... and still stop to smell the roses!

Members who have read this thread: 0