Is Foxboro/Gilbert rideable yet- Mtbr.com
    uh, or something!

Is Foxboro/Gilbert rideable yet

the snow in my back yard (woods) melted pretty good - if the trails did the same, it might be rideable............anyone know ?
    Life is a drink and you get drunk.... when you're young.....

bike dork
    I'd guess not really - unless maybe hikers/dog walkers haev packed it down some. There's still a few inches of soft messy snow in Franklin. If you went early with studs? B Game is rideable per the email I received today. If you go to Foxboro let me know what it's like!
    Full disclosure; I sell and repair bikes for a living: http://blackstonebicycles.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Just got back from Foxboro. Not to ride but to walk. Slushy and probably not good so late in the day. Maybe early morning while still frozen. There is a narrow path (foot and a half) where walkers have matted down the snow. Go off and most likely you'll bury the front end.

I'd be interested in Franklin. I live across the street and have seen snow moble tracks. Maybe with a good freeze I'll give a go early tomorrow. .

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Well tried and failed at Franklin, only got in 45 minutes. Started off OK, but I think I started in a cold spot. At the top (near the YMCA) seemed to be too soft. Plus the dam Mx-ers left six inch wide and six inch deep ruts that criss crossed the trails - glad they are good stewards of the area, no wonder they are getting banned. The walkers did leave a few deep foot prints, but usually you can bounce over these. But not with the MX-er's ruts too. And maybe my fitness isn't what it should be. :-(
    Be nice if the snowmobile-ers would go out today and matt it all down for us. :-) That is what I started on too. (snowmobile tracks)

So start earlier (I started at 10:30) and pray for colder weather, OR much warmer rain to rid it all.

So looks like a spin week and a weekend at the Cape. (See the Otis thread)

mtbr member

Trail update 1-7-08

Figured I'd swing by Foxboro and check out the conditions. I usually park at the Megley trail entrance and I was quite psyched by the conditions. As you can see by the first pic it's mostly snow-free and pretty dry! Climbed on up the fire road and crested the first hill... to my dismay it's still mostly not ridable. Bummer. I'd say that if this weather keeps up as predicted, by next Sunday we may just be able to ride again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    bummer is an understatement for me. on sunday I figured I'd visit my aunt in Wrentham and ride Glibert to get away from the Cape. well, to my shock the snow seemed to appear just as I hit Wrentham foxboro area and seemed deeper right at the SF. so I ventured in and what a mess. I got through to the other side by the pond and hit the road for 28 lost miles. then had to go back through it again (don't know the roads well).

sometimes I really don't like living on Cape Cod but we do have milder winters.

Members who have read this thread: 0