Earls?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Earls?

mtbr member

Earls?

Has anyone been over to Earls yet? How are the trails?
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    You could go there with loppers and a handsaw and find out...

Crazy idea.

mtbr member
    why is that the typical response on the mass forum? go to the NH forum, everyone helps each other out, as to what the conditions are etc... 40+ posts on the conditions since the storm. Mass forum.... "why don't you go and find out"... and people wonder where the word ma$$h0le came from?
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    people wonder where the word ma$$h0le came from?
    The only ones who wonder where that phrase came from are the ones who have made it deserving... I recently moved here, and I've upped the phrase to "duma$$hole" to account for the extra stupid that also seems to accompany those people...
    In passing through an intersection last week, two bikers almost ran into me as they blew through a red light. When I commented out loud "nice work blowing through the light," one responded with a loud "Go F*** OFF!"
    I understand that people don't always follow the traffic rules on a bicycle, but anywhere else in the country I've been where something like that has happened, usually a "Sorry, my bad!" is the response... There are a high percentage of entitled pr!cks here... Oh well...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    I understand that people don't always follow the traffic rules on a bicycle.
    Same thing that cars do, so it is a natural extension of etiquette, I am the weirdo driver that stops when the light turns yellow because they give tickets for running red lights where I last lived, here, usually 3 or 4 cars go through the intersection after the light turns red.

mtbr member
    Smelly dont be an ass. I am going to hit bstreet for some cleanup 2morrow AM on the east side; what time are you going to meet me? Was wondering how earls was doing for maybe an after clean stroll. Your personality over a computer sucks; but I am sure I'll meet you one day on the trail anyhow seeing that I ride with a lot of your buddies.

BTW- I ride a alot in Ludlow also which is why I cleared out trails for about 8 hrs this week so far out there, so before you go blowing your horn figure out who the hell your talking to first!

Paul
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    The safe assumption is that anything south of Northampton/Amherst is gonna be a mess. I know Chaz etal have been bustin' hump at Batchelor St, Steve etal have been doing the same in Robinson, and it seems you, Paul have been workin it in Ludlow. I'm not aware of any of the NEMBA crew having been up on Earls, but it wouldn't surprise me if some work had been done informally by the regulars that ride there.

I don't think any of those guys/gals ever visit this forum. There were some inquiries running around facebook last week that I suspect spawned work sessions.

For what its worth, the hill town destinations are clear. Wendell still had a lot of snow early in the week, probably gone now. Virtually no storm damage in the areas up north I've ridden or walked.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom
    I am going to hit bstreet for some cleanup 2morrow AM on the east side

Paul
    If your heading out to cut and clear trails don't waste your time at b- street. The crew has put in about 125 man hours in the past 9 days and its all clear in there other then t-rex, and a small part of pond trail. Go help out out at earls! Im sure they need it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    before you go blowing your horn figure out who the hell your talking to first!
    You're darn tootin' about that, hornblower. You and mangina-vegas got no idea, apparently.

Anyway, Whitefoot et al. already took care of B street, so go hit Earl's instead. I directed them via walkie-talkie from the comfort of my beach chair in the parking lot while smoking cubans and drinking whiskey on the rocks. That's my prerogative as the hotshot trail boss.

Please let us know what you find at Earl's if you go by there. I've been too lazy an busy to get there. Or, you can come help us clean up at Robinson tomorrow at 3:45. I'll have a stash of frosty ones for everyone when we're done, then we can at least exchange insults and derogatory comments while drinking beer (the way it's supposed to be).

mtbr member
    I'm just tired of the gay a$$ responses, it's a forum, people ask questions to get info, yet get flack everytime they do... I've already logged my 8 hours of trail work this week on my local trails...an more tomorrow.

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradoxj13 View Post
    Same thing that cars do, so it is a natural extension of etiquette, I am the weirdo driver that stops when the light turns yellow because they give tickets for running red lights where I last lived, here, usually 3 or 4 cars go through the intersection after the light turns red.
    Their light was red for at least 10 seconds. In the land of the duma$$holes, the bikers often just ride on regardless of traffic rules and such... When you hear stories of bikers getting killed by cars, I'm sure many of them happen here, and I'm sure Darwin tips his glass and has a drink when it happens.

mtbr member
    I can translate this conversation from ma$$hole language into normal English.
    pauldotcom: How are the trails at Earl's?
    Smelly: I'm not sure as I haven't been there, but if you want, I'd be willing to meet you there to do some clean up if it needs it. Hopefully someone will respond here to let us know what kind of work load we're looking at.
    manchvegas: People from Massachusetts are so reasonable and helpful. Let me know if you guys need any help. I may be free.
    pauldotcom: Thanks for the responses, hopefully we'll get some trail info from someone that's been there.
    smelly: Hey, I'll be happy to help out! Let me what time, I'll bring beers!

Etc... This is how the conversation would sound if it wasn't with Massachusetts residents.

mtbr member
    Life is better with a little sass - that's why we talk this way.

mtbr member
    Great post Dan. A little sass is one thing; acting like a total pri*k behind a keyboard is another, Chaz.
    (BTW- halrious name *think wedding crashers*)
    We will meet at some point, and discuss in person, but I do thank you for your time helping with the trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    I can translate this conversation from ma$$hole language into normal English.
    pauldotcom: How are the trails at Earl's?
    Smelly: I'm not sure as I haven't been there, but if you want, I'd be willing to meet you there to do some clean up if it needs it. Hopefully someone will respond here to let us know what kind of work load we're looking at.
    manchvegas: People from Massachusetts are so reasonable and helpful. Let me know if you guys need any help. I may be free.
    pauldotcom: Thanks for the responses, hopefully we'll get some trail info from someone that's been there.
    smelly: Hey, I'll be happy to help out! Let me what time, I'll bring beers!

Etc... This is how the conversation would sound if it wasn't with Massachusetts residents.
    HA! too funny...

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

very good shape

Earls is in very good condition. It looks like a lot of us that ride there all the time just cleared as much as we could here and there over the last week. I don't think Earls was hit as bad as B Street based on what some people were telling me.

mtbr member
    I rode Earls today from Bstreet. Connector to the notch was in good shape, also trail across the street. Earls was pretty clean. Rode the ridge and did some kinda loop (don't know the names of the trails over there). Just a bunch of stuff that can be broken and moved by hand. Was pretty amazed at the destruction down by lower access road (2 bridges). Would love to help out and figure out way to fix it.