Dry Dirt?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dry Dirt?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Dry Dirt?

Dry, open trails....Who's got em? A couple of us VTers looking to scratch the singletrack itch Thursday. Fairly fit Single Speeders...a local to show us around would rock.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Dave, I could definitely give you a tour of most of the north shore MA riding. It's pretty much 'mud season' in this area right now but there are some places that drain much better than others, places like HP, Vietnam, and The Fells are usually in bad shape right now, the fells gets so bad they ban riding for the month of March.

Question for you is how technical do you like to ride? Some of the areas are rated up there with the most technical stuff in the country, I don't see a lot of single speeders out there, not to say someone couldn't rip it on a SS!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks Gnar. I've ridden some stuff...Res Dog area with Bill Woodson. I had a blast there even if I couldn't make some of the steep ups on the granite sections. Not sure my buddy would enjoy it as much. Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if we decide to head that way.

mtbr member
    Hit Foxboro today. 95% dry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dry Dirt?-001.jpg  

Dry Dirt?-004.jpg  

Tool
    Lowell-Dracut was perfect today. All dry; no mud anywhere.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Dave, Just did a tour yesterday of Harald Parker. It is in good shape. Not sure I can do thursday, but Bill might chime in here. HP is a lot flowier the ResDog, lots of fun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wompatuck in Hingham Mass was perfect yesterday. 100% dry and clear.
    wow, this hurts more than it used to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Dry, open trails....Who's got em? A couple of us VTers looking to scratch the singletrack itch Thursday. Fairly fit Single Speeders...a local to show us around would rock.
    You should know by now that I'm always here for you The conditions are great here in MA right now. Let me know what type of riding you and your buddy's want. HP is actually a great spot for single speeders and it would be closer drive for you. The earlier you let me know the easier I can get it done.

mtbr member
    I also hit Foxboro over the weekend and it was perfect.....not chewed up yet and dry as a bone. Heck this winter was a ***** winter with little moisture so the trails feel like late October more than March to me.

Riding should be good anywhere in Southern New England at this point, not much rain, no real snow melt to think of........

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I went to Needham town forest yesterday, some mud but mostly dry.

mtbr member
    Dry trails in Belmont and the Western Greenway on Monday. There was more mud last Fall.

mtbr member
    Bachelor street (granby, ma) is dry and clear. I could give you a Thursday afternoon tour at a pace you'll enjoy.
    A group of us is riding at 5:30, but we could go earlier than that and then join them.

mtbr member
    Anyone been to willowdale?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcandy View Post
    Anyone been to willowdale?
    Rode it Tuesday. Completely dry. Great riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Seems like pretty much everyplace south of the New Hampshire border is good to go with the exception of the Fells and Lynn which are closed to bikes for a few more weeks. Some wet spots here and there, mostly on fire roads or year-round trouble spots but thats it. Rode willowdale, HP, greenwood, and g spot all since sunday. Was my first time at Gspot, whata trail, can't believe I hadn't hit it before. Can't get any better than this for march.

Members who have read this thread: 0