Dogtown on Sunday?- Mtbr.com
    never ender

Dogtown on Sunday?

Yo, I'm thinking of driving out to Dogtown to escape the snow. Anybody riding out there on Sunday?

I like to ride my bike.
    Is anyone up for this Saturday (2/2?)

Many think the trails will be dry enough by the weekend.

9 AMish?
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thinking Saturday 12-1pm to allow some runoff from the forecast rain Friday night.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Listen to Bruce. At 40 and bare ground all you will do is destroy trails. Out in the Pioneer Valley you might be able to ride early in the morning before we pass 30 where there is still snow cover.

H.

I respect the sentiment, but Dogtown is all sand and rock. In addition to that, a bike isn't going to leave a mark compared to all the motorcycle, ATV, Jeep/off road truck (ab)use that place sees. If you're gonna ride somewhere that would be the place to go...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by (Tom)
    I respect the sentiment, but Dogtown is all sand and rock. In addition to that, a bike isn't going to leave a mark compared to all the motorcycle, ATV, Jeep/off road truck (ab)use that place sees. If you're gonna ride somewhere that would be the place to go...
    Ya, I'll remember that next time I'm in front of Gloucester parks and commissions. I'll tell that the ruts caused by MTB's is nothing compared to ruts from ATV, Jeep/off road truck... Wake the f*ck up dude. People who want nothing better than see MTB banned along with everything else see the ruts and they see red. When there is melt stay out of the woods. A day you don't ride on muddy trails may be the day you saved Mountain biking. Damn I wish people would stop being so selfish. Use a little common sense. Stop being the problem and start being the solution. I'm not a tree hugger by any means but I can respect, and know when the time and place is.

If you want to see MTB ruts I'll take you on a tour.

Thanks for the lesson in soil conditions also, ever seem to wonder why so many trails in the area are just sand and rock? I bet at one time they had a small layer of topsoil as well...that is until powers that could have been averted, washed it away....

Members who have read this thread: 0