Dirt sighting- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dirt sighting

mtbr member

Dirt sighting

Bill Boles from NEMBA has posted that Otis is 99% snow-free with no mud anywhere. The mud situation could change with rain, but it looks like it's good to go at the moment.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    The Ol' Coot. I believe he rode mainly on the Crane Wildlife side without getting to some of the trails "out there" (past Zig and on towards the rotary). I walked Otis last weekend every day with a small saw and clippers, trails were pretty 75% snow free but there was still deep long stretches on north facing slopes and in the kettles.

Two guys from Boston out Sunday confirmed there were still hiking sections. The storms were easy from what I've seen (~1/3 of the system) with most stuff clearable by me. Only 1 chainsaw worthy log.

While I'm talking, if you come down, try something besides the main loop! So many guys I meet or know only hit the outer ~10 mile loop. There is a lot that has been forgotten in Otis and is a blast! Hard to get very lost (mixed up sure). It can be a bit overgrown on these less used trails so prepare for a little scratching (if I don't bleed its not riding).
    Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades.

EAT MORE GRIME
    Ol' Coot. Ol' Unstoppable is more like it. freaking riding machine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    Ol' Coot. Ol' Unstoppable is more like it. freaking riding machine
    It still feels like a dream that I grew up reading his columns and now I ride with the dude. Oh and its him and other guys who are my heroes, shit I pray I can ride that hard when I'm his age.
    Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iceboxsteve View Post
    The Ol' Coot. I believe he rode mainly on the Crane Wildlife side without getting to some of the trails "out there" (past Zig and on towards the rotary). I walked Otis last weekend every day with a small saw and clippers, trails were pretty 75% snow free but there was still deep long stretches on north facing slopes and in the kettles.

Two guys from Boston out Sunday confirmed there were still hiking sections. The storms were easy from what I've seen (~1/3 of the system) with most stuff clearable by me. Only 1 chainsaw worthy log.

While I'm talking, if you come down, try something besides the main loop! So many guys I meet or know only hit the outer ~10 mile loop. There is a lot that has been forgotten in Otis and is a blast! Hard to get very lost (mixed up sure). It can be a bit overgrown on these less used trails so prepare for a little scratching (if I don't bleed its not riding).
    Thanks for your clean-up work! I may get out there tomorrow afternoon. We always park at the DD north of the rotary and ride from there. I'm pretty familiar with most of the interior trails, although I still get turned around in there sometimes.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich