Did you ride in Massachusetts today?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?

I feel lucky to have so much awesome riding right near where I live. Massachusetts chunk may not be the flowy, bermy stuff of Vermont or the high alpine stuff of the West, but it has its own unique brand of awesome.

So because this forum needs more action, I decided to start a picture thread for local rides.

This was taken yesterday morning at F. Gilbert Hills State Forest.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20171129_082249.jpg

So did you ride today?

EAT MORE GRIME
    yeah I did actually. road bike, mup, zero other riders, cold

Poaching the southern part of the BFRT which was all dirt 2 months ago

I linked Crosspoint where it starts, to the Concord town line where it terminated, and back. 24 miles. The poaching begins arriving to Nara Park and beyond, and one dogleg to get around the 2a bridge. it's all paved and clear. they are just finishing the edge work so technically I am not recommending using the mup, but it's paved and just about complete except the 2a bridge has a fence. 24 flat miles, no traffic...good for a easy spinout for the legs
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Rode on Cape Cod today. There are miles upon miles of below the radar trails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    I commute into the City everyday, rain or shine, cold and snow on my Pivot. The weather has been nice so far this fall. It is a blast. I saw this new dockless share bike. Soon they will be everywhere.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_4326.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    ^^^^ Where from? I'm north near Burlington, regular commuter, not everyday though. Great bike paths and singletrack options.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1773
Size:  61.0 KB

mtbr member
    Got out to the local trails in the Boston area today before it got dark and had them pretty much all to myself.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_1665ss.jpg

Looking forward to the bad weather !
    2018 Giant Stance 1
    2017 Motobecane Lurch
    2002 Trek Multitrack 7100

banned
    Nov 2017
    From this afternoon. A whole different day than this morning.
Views: 1738
Size:  50.1 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-image.jpeg  

mtbr member
    May 2010
    After ten years of riding, I thought I knew how to ride a mountain bike. Then today I decided to visit Lynn Woods. I know nothing.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20171202_142645.jpg

Beautiful place though with great views from the overlook trail. Humbling experience trying to ride the trails by the water towers.

EAT MORE GRIME
    ^I know I can't go to Lynn if feeling tired or have skipped food....
    gotta always have the suds up for the endless moves needed to clear stuff
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thecanoe View Post
    Rode on Cape Cod today. There are miles upon miles of below the radar trails.

Where abouts on the Cape? I spend a bit of time in Eastham but never ventured trails. Plan to visit the state park next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Santa Cruz Tallboy C 29er
    2018 Canyon Dude fatty with Mastodon
    2018 Nashbar Sora Alloy gravel bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepRage View Post
    Where abouts on the Cape? I spend a bit of time in Eastham but never ventured trails. Plan to visit the state park next year.

This ride was in Yarmouth off Higgins Crowell Rd. But every town has trails. If you are going to Eastham thereís lots of trails in Wellfleet

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Finally made it out to Burlington's Landlocked Forest and had a blast, nice mix of different elements on the trails, a refreshing change to my usual haunt. Only had one almost 'uh oh' moment when cranking it uphill on the yellow trail and all of sudden coming across drop to route 3 if you dont make the right.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-landimg_0764.jpg
    2018 Giant Stance 1
    2017 Motobecane Lurch

mtbr member
    This ride was in Yarmouth off Higgins Crowell Rd. But every town has trails. If you are going to Eastham thereís lots of trails in Wellfleet

Thanks, I'll have to explore. Debating a fat bike to leave down the Cape for summer to explore and ride beach and bring home for winter snow. Don't want to leave my regular bike at the beach.

banned
    Nov 2017
    3 hours of Plymouth this morning and never saw another rider. 10's of thousands of acres of endless climbs and descents that are up to a good mile long in some cases. I have yet to find anything near as vast and connectable in Northern NE.
Views: 1687
Size:  49.7 KB
    True singletrack
Views: 1699
Size:  45.8 KB
    Views
Views: 1685
Size:  67.0 KB
    Glacial erratics galore.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
    Finally made it out to Burlington's Landlocked Forest and had a blast, nice mix of different elements on the trails, a refreshing change to my usual haunt. Only had one almost 'uh oh' moment when cranking it uphill on the yellow trail and all of sudden coming across drop to route 3 if you dont make the right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landIMG_0764.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	1170530
    LLF is my go to place. I usually ride that trail south to north and do the whole place counterclockwise.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll have to explore. Debating a fat bike to leave down the Cape for summer to explore and ride beach and bring home for winter snow. Don't want to leave my regular bike at the beach.

When on a trail system like TOT or Nickerson, Iím on a SC Tallboy. When exploring, Iím on a fat bike. Never know what you run into.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    When on a trail system like TOT or Nickerson, Iím on a SC Tallboy. When exploring, Iím on a fat bike. Never know what you run into.

Good call! SC Tallboy myself.

mtbr member
    Good call! SC Tallboy myself.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

"Put me back on my bike!"
    Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-snett-12032017.jpg

Yes, I rode in MA today. 10 miles on the SNETT trail.
    "Just put me back on my bike!"

mtbr member
    yup

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-pulp.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Mount Holyoke Range

Fun all day ride on the Mount Holyoke Range yesterday. Areas included Batchelor Street, Earl's Trails, and Lithia Springs. Amazing trails here in western mass. Lots of climbing, rugged descents, and plenty of tech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_4069.jpg  

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_4065-1-.jpg  

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_4066-1-.jpg  

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_4059.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    2.5 hr group ride @ Willowdale Sunday am. Nice conditions, tacky dirt, a few slightly muddy spots on the double track.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Great mix of riding areas in this thread.👍

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawReynolds View Post
    3 hours of Plymouth this morning and never saw another rider. 10's of thousands of acres of endless climbs and descents that are up to a good mile long in some cases. I have yet to find anything near as vast and connectable in Northern NE.
    Pine Hills really is a hidden gem. There is extended climbing and descending with a backcountry feel on the Serious Cycles side and rocks and stunts on the power plant side that can make for a completely different ride experience.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by WATERBOOY View Post
    Pine Hills really is a hidden gem. There is extended climbing and descending with a backcountry feel on the Serious Cycles side and rocks and stunts on the power plant side that can make for a completely different ride experience.
    Yes. That pic I posted of the view was from an amazingly aesthetic trail that traverses a ridge then switchbacks down thru an open meadow. Felt like I was in Colorado or Idaho for a bit there. Amazing. I actually didn't even touch the Power plant side of 3a other than taking that rock pic. I've ridden all that stuff before. While I enjoy that stuff, super challenging tight steep moto trail is where my roots lie. It's how MTB trail riding started. Was humbling 25+ years ago and is still humbling despite the easy equipment we get to ride on these days. Endless.
Views: 1620
Size:  63.8 KB

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I checked out Pine Hills not too long ago but rode the power plant side. I found it challenging but fun.

Today I got out to the Ponkapoag section of Blue Hills for a quick, flowy ride. This section is relatively new and is starting to ride really nice now that it is broken in a bit. Really lucky to have this in my backyard.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20171204_130043.jpg

banned
    Nov 2017
    Love Blue hills. The power plant side was always about fun/pleasure and the other side was always about pain. Still holds true. The conundrum was always hmmm which side to start on? 😉

banned
    Nov 2017
    Tuesday lunch hour drizzle loop. So sweet. Northern state.
Views: 1594
Size:  57.1 KB

EAT MORE GRIME
    ˙ʎɹǝuǝɔs ǝɥʇ ǝʞıן puɐ sʇʇǝsnɥɔɐssɐɯ uı ƃuıpıɹ ǝʞıן ooʇ ı

mtbr member
    Love Blue hills. The power plant side was always about fun/pleasure and the other side was always about pain. Still holds true. The conundrum was always hmmm which side to start on? 😉
    I usually warm up with a quick lap on the power plant side then a couple good climbs and descents on the Serious side then finish with some of the fun technical stuff back on the power plant side.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Nice! That top pic with the view is taken from nearly the same spot as my view pic above.😀. How frickin sweet is that trail huh?!.

mtbr member
    Nice! That top pic with the view is taken from nearly the same spot as my view pic above.😀. How frickin sweet is that trail huh?!.
    According to Strava the trail is Plimoth Moto DH. It's a hoot though the motos have rutted it out pretty good. I almost flew past that view the first time. Also a great view of Long Beach on that trail as well.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Moto ruts add flavor. Narrow Q-factor FTW. Once winter shows up and ground freezes hard those moto trails will be even better. Planning on a 6-7 hour epic there in January combining stuff west and south.👍

mtbr member
    LLF is my go to place. I usually ride that trail south to north and do the whole place counterclockwise.
    I think you're about right riding counterclockwise, at least on the yellow trail it would mean more DH than climbing, I still fun though. Can't wait to get back there this weekend!
    2018 Giant Stance 1
    2017 Motobecane Lurch

mtbr member
    Moto ruts add flavor. Narrow Q-factor FTW. Once winter shows up and ground freezes hard those moto trails will be even better. Planning on a 6-7 hour epic there in January combining stuff west and south.👍
    Lemme know, that's OG turf for me. I still work in town. I spend most of my woodsy riding time in Freetown though, toss in some Otis and massy, and cross loops from my house in fhvn.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Lemme know, that's OG turf for me. I still work in town. I spend most of my woodsy riding time in Freetown though, toss in some Otis and massy, and cross loops from my house in fhvn.
    Sounds good! Freetown, haven't ridden there in over 20 years. Liked it a lot back then.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I think you're about right riding counterclockwise, at least on the yellow trail it would mean more DH than climbing, I still fun though. Can't wait to get back there this weekend!
    Ever connect to Great brook from LLF? And you should check out the GREAT stuff at Gilson Hill in Billerica. Way awesome.

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    Ever connect to Great brook from LLF? And you should check out the GREAT stuff at Gilson Hill in Billerica. Way awesome.
    the link from end of rail trail in concord to estabrook is getting harder. redcoat trail closed down and the ten rod road access has a witch yelling at cyclists now. 100% legal but they are making it seem private.

anyhow yes it is trivial to connect LLF to GB with maybe 2 or 3 miles of that, paved links

RM is a 'destination' since it has both chunk and a pump track. but now Gilson hill has gone over the top with new chunk, RM/BSF/Gilson Hill is soooooper good.

A major loop with a metric f**kton of awesome trails could be:

LLF/shawsheen/rail trail dirt to concord/Estabrook-out via Davis corridor which will put hair on your chest (unless they built bridges in there, last time I went it was like the hardest-friggin-stuff-evar)/Kimballs Ice Cream trail/GB-tophet loop entrance/Thanksgiving Forest/Russell Mill pond entrance/RangeWay town forest/Billerica State Forest

and on the way back from GB to LLF you could go acorn loop to cranberry bogs/otter slide trail/old morse road-carlisle town hall trails/back into estabrook via school street to just before bellows hill--rockstrom trail (I call it bee-sting trail, due to ...err...bees)
    use openstreetmap and find all the 'connectorizing' for this, totally doable with shorty road pieces

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    RM is a 'destination' since it has both chunk and a pump track. -
    RM?

I seek teh pump.

EAT MORE GRIME
    Russell mill in chelmsford

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Tuesday lunch hour drizzle loop. So sweet. Northern state.
Views: 1594
Size:  57.1 KB
    I wonder if I have met you, waterboy or chipper before. during the season I ride and run on the serious cycles side probably twice a week during the summer. I am all over the power plant side now but once it gets warm that place gets absolutely insane with tics so I try to avoid it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yes , 2 rod road is chunky. It's an old wagon/ cart path. Done most of what you said, also that strawberry hill/ pencil factory stuff too.

Class Clown
    Got out to the local trails in the Boston area today before it got dark and had them pretty much all to myself.

Name:	IMG_1665ss.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	1170239

Looking forward to the bad weather !
    Is that the Fells? Looks like a spot I like to sit on a giant boulder near the plant or whatever that building is. I ride into Boston workdays year round. Need to get out to the trails...looks like some snow on the way?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Got out to Lynn Woods again today. I guess I am a glutton for punishment, but those rock spines are pretty wild. Took it a bit easier by starting on the south side of Walden Pond but quickly learned that all the good stuff is in the North. Got humbled on Shark Tooth trying to ride it blind, but what a cool place to ride.

Around the world trail sure has some nice views.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20171207_125612.jpg
    Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20171207_125837.jpg

banned
    Nov 2017
    Ha last time I rode Lynn was in 2003 on a Gary Fischer Mt Tam 29er hardtail. Seemed to work great on Bow ridge and stuff. People laughed at my clown bike with the big wheels and I just told them to wait a few years and the whole world would be on 29ers. 😉

banned
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb View Post
    I wonder if I have met you, waterboy or chipper before. during the season I ride and run on the serious cycles side probably twice a week during the summer. I am all over the power plant side now but once it gets warm that place gets absolutely insane with tics so I try to avoid it.
    The bulk of my Pine hills riding was between 1995-2007. I used the Serious cycles side to train for races like the VT 50, Jay challenge, and other such silly things😀. Rigid SS 26 then 29 36-18t. Those climbs are STOUT with a 52 inch gear. Especially when doing 6-10 long repeats on the way or back from other stuff.

Love that place ❤️

mtbr member
    I havenít connected LLF to GB, but, hereís a 30 mile loop starting at RM and including lots of stuff you mention. Circles clockwise through Billerica, Carlisle and back through GB.

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/18479291

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

banned
    Nov 2017
    Got a great adventure in today before the snows come. To get up high it's fun to start down low and from a distance. Love the long distance journey loops so much more than riding a trail "network". Not having to drive to ride, like today, is the icing on the cake.
Views: 1464
Size:  51.2 KB
Views: 1450
Size:  56.1 KB
Views: 1430
Size:  14.5 KB
Views: 1448
Size:  56.9 KB
Views: 1446
Size:  65.5 KB
Views: 1447
Size:  48.5 KB

EAT MORE GRIME
    welp, studded sno tires going on tonight

banned
    Nov 2017
    What do ya need studs for? Too warm for much snow out of this one I think.

EAT MORE GRIME
    speed

studs help climb bare rock with wet snow on it, like it'll be tomorrow
    also help prevent losing the front on wet anything

banned
    Nov 2017
    Interesting. I've never bothered with using studs at all during the last few decades as our winters are so inconsistent and good snow/no ice is pretty easy to find and ride if you're staying away from common ride zones.

As Art A. Always said, studs are for dog collars haha.

mtbr member
    that chelmsford pump track sounds interesting. a few OG bmx friends and myself are working on assembling one in Fairhaven where we all live now. so far the town seems receptive so that's encouraging.

I actually don't ride in Plymouth a ton these days, I know the power plant side reasonably well, there was a few hams going out there at night for a bit. I've sponsee the bulk of the past few weeks nursing a broken thumb and riding my cross bike around and just took my first woods ride yesterday.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Woods were so good yesterday. Excited to get out and ride in this new snow. Pick a few mile loop and lap it a bunch till it's good and ridden in to a nice grippy packed snow base. And only ride it when it's cold so it'll never ice up. Nice to know that no one else will ride it and eff up a good situation.

The power plant side has good rock and is fun. Looking at wooden ramps, steps and dug out stuff is a bit of an eyesore to me, but I'm old Skool or weird or both haha. We used to just ride up and over what you could without the additional aid of chutes and ladders.

Snowing pretty good right now....

mtbr member
    Woods were so good yesterday. Excited to get out and ride in this new snow. Pick a few mile loop and lap it a bunch till it's good and ridden in to a nice grippy packed snow base. And only ride it when it's cold so it'll never ice up. Nice to know that no one else will ride it and eff up a good situation.

The power plant side has good rock and is fun. Looking at wooden ramps, steps and dug out stuff is a bit of an eyesore to me, but I'm old Skool or weird or both haha. We used to just ride up and over what you could without the additional aid of chutes and ladders.

Snowing pretty good right now....
    I don't mind a bit of the bridge work however some of the stuff out there has gotten a little over the top:

Although it is impressive, I don't know if it should've been built. Someone cut down a number of healthy trees nearby to put this thing together.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by WATERBOOY View Post
    I don't mind a bit of the bridge work however some of the stuff out there has gotten a little over the top:

Although it is impressive, I don't know if it should've been built. Someone cut down a number of healthy trees nearby to put this thing together.
    😳

Someone should ahem cough cough should bring a nice big sharp folding saw in there and put an end to that erector set.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Anyone know if it's not snowing south of the city?

mtbr member
    it's raining in Plymouth right now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    😳

Someone should ahem cough cough should bring a nice big sharp folding saw in there and put an end to that erector set.
    last week when i was on a ride out there i met the guy building it. he is HUGE!! like incredible hulk type of huge. same guy built the bermed up section that starts near cleft rock, along with the hip jump at the begining. the landing is something repurposed from something else that had fallen apart out there, so that is why it probably looks a little sketch.

i don't know who cuts up trees on both sides of the trail but i probably cleared 30 of them three or four week ago when we had that storm. Including all of the ones on the trail that ends out on old sandwich, that one alone probably had 15. I obviously was only cutting stuff up that was blocking the trail and not anything else.

there is someone else who usually gets out there and chainsaws up the dead fall stuff also. i would love to know who it is so i could buy him a case of beer.

one of my gripes is someone seems to be lopping the tops off a ton of baby pines for what seems to be no reason, makes me think it might just be kids walking through the woods playing with a handsaw or something.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Anyone know if it's not snowing south of the city?
    i live in plymouth and it is all clear. had a tiny layer of slushy stuff at one point but it is all gone now and has been drizzling rain for most of the night so far.

banned
    Nov 2017
    last week when i was on a ride out there i met the guy building it. he is HUGE!! like incredible hulk type of huge. same guy built the bermed up section that starts near cleft rock, along with the hip jump at the begining. the landing is something repurposed from something else that had fallen apart out there, so that is why it probably looks a little sketch.

i don't know who cuts up trees on both sides of the trail but i probably cleared 30 of them three or four week ago when we had that storm. Including all of the ones on the trail that ends out on old sandwich, that one alone probably had 15. I obviously was only cutting stuff up that was blocking the trail and not anything else.

there is someone else who usually gets out there and chainsaws up the dead fall stuff also. i would love to know who it is so i could buy him a case of beer.

one of my gripes is someone seems to be lopping the tops off a ton of baby pines for what seems to be no reason, makes me think it might just be kids walking through the woods playing with a handsaw or something.
    Good on ya for cutting out trail blockages. Thank you. When I was riding out there last Sunday the moto trails were a mess with sticks, branches and a blowdown here and there. Weeks after that storm. Took me 3 weeks of daily work to clear my local trails of storm debris. Had I not been unemployed at the time it woulda taken forever haha.

Thanx for the weather report guys. 6" of new heavy snow at my house now and it isn't letting up. Too much for a fatbike. I dont have one anyway. Will probably bust out the slow shoes and start packing a loop before the Tuesday storm adds more meh. We never just get 1-3 inches. Nope. If they call for 2-4" we get 6-8". Or more. 

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Good on ya for cutting out trail blockages. Thank you. When I was riding out there last Sunday the moto trails were a mess with sticks, branches and a blowdown here and there. Weeks after that storm. Took me 3 weeks of daily work to clear my local trails of storm debris. Had I not been unemployed at the time it woulda taken forever haha. . 
    thanks, if we all take care of our local stuff then it all seems to work out. i get to ride fo free on some great trails all over the south shore so putting in 15-20 hours of trail work seems like a great deal to me.

if you know plymouth at all then you know the huge development called " The Pine Hills" rumor has it from some people that like to know what the town and other people are up to is that they own mostly all the stuff that is behind the shop and will develop it eventually, when they get done with the sacrifice rock road development that is just down the street, it is the same development that is on the right side of the"tower climb" when your going up it.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Wow get it while the gettin's good. Nice that the land owners have been cool with peddlers and braaaapers enjoying that ridge area for so many years. Ugh I can't wait to get back down there to connect trail from the Colony Place mall area up by Rte 80 and 44 Down to the Pine Hills and west of Rte 3. LONG LIVE LONG RIDES.🙌

EAT MORE GRIME
    What do ya need studs for? Too warm for much snow out of this one I think.
    LOL

trails are all ice right now.

so, yeah. studs.

also the MUP is ice...

studs so I can ride everywhere and not have to walk ice, which is 70% the trails I ride right now. ice everywhere.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Interesting. I've never bothered with using studs at all during the last few decades as our winters are so inconsistent and good snow/no ice is pretty easy to find and ride if you're staying away from common ride zones.

As Art A. Always said, studs are for dog collars haha.
    North of Boston rider. Always run studs in the winter. Great for pond stuff. I always get lots of freeze /thaw and ice. YRMV.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Well I suppose if you like to ride on ice then ya studs. Ice is easily avoidable depending on where you choose to ride. All snow by me right now. No ice. Regular tires fine.

mtbr member
    Cape Cod is free and clear of snow as of today. May be ice in places where water hasn't completely drained but not much at all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Well I suppose if you like to ride on ice then ya studs. Ice is easily avoidable depending on where you choose to ride. All snow by me right now. No ice. Regular tires fine.
    Really area dependent. Where do you pedal?

banned
    Nov 2017
    Really area dependent. Where do you pedal?
    Particular riding area/network dependent, but not as much a regional thing based on experiences. Just have to choose your spots depending on if you want to ride ice or not is all I'm saying.

I ride all over from the Cape to northern NE year round. Winter usually means riding on snow for 3+ months straight. Some winters fat, some winters skinny. This winter skinny.

Still a few inches of snow around me but with mid 40's and rain tomorrow we may be down to a nice smooth grippy couple inches of crunchy snow base once the Siberia express hits Wednesday into the weekend.

mtbr member
    Rode the other white stuff today.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

banned
    Nov 2017
    Ooooh nice, here's a pic of the other white at my house this morning. 6 inches of the other white. Now down to 4 inches.
Views: 1361
Size:  48.4 KB

banned
    Nov 2017
    Not Mass today but north of the border. 24 degrees and snowing steadily this morning. 2-4 inches of beautiful untracked pow from the weekend storm with a bit of new today. Rode one particular 1.5 mile loop 5 times just to get it ridden on a bit. The 2.3 ground controls at 18psi worked great. Fire road sections to get in and out of the zone were sublime. No ice at all. Love areas that see zero traffic. May be worth a second ride this afternoon....
Views: 1349
Size:  42.1 KB
Views: 1353
Size:  51.4 KB
Views: 1347
Size:  50.8 KB
Views: 1340
Size:  44.1 KB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dundundata View Post
    Is that the Fells? Looks like a spot I like to sit on a giant boulder near the plant or whatever that building is. I ride into Boston workdays year round. Need to get out to the trails...looks like some snow on the way?
    Yep, that's the Fells, Darkworld Point. Hoping the snow is still around this weekend to get out there.

All I managed to do this week so far is a quick lunch time ride on the pavement
    Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-12112017.jpg
    2018 Giant Stance 1
    2017 Motobecane Lurch

banned
    Nov 2017
    Better than riding a trainer!^^^^^^^^

mtbr member
    Better than riding a trainer!^^^^^^^^
    Yeah, tried the trainer one winter, just didnt do it for me. I need the motivation of having the scenery change
    2018 Giant Stance 1
    2017 Motobecane Lurch

mtbr member
    last week when i was on a ride out there i met the guy building it. he is HUGE!! like incredible hulk type of huge.
    I was going to volunteer to go find the guy building that stuff and kick his ass. Never mind.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Hahaha!

In other news, no ice north of the border in select areas. Non studded skinny tires are perfect right now despite what the local conditions Facebook page says....
    Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-image.jpeg

mtbr member
    Yup, Pittsfield State Forest is riding SaWeet right now

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-frosty-violet.jpg

banned
    Nov 2017
    That^^^^^^^looks really really good. Nice narrow tread. True singletrack. Yummy.

mtbr member
    Xc skied. Does that count? According to strava it doesnt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Class Clown
    I tried riding home from work today but it didn't go so well. Couldn't see squat and the roads were barely plowed. Maybe a fatbike would have helped.

mtbr member

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20180104_114726.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    20180115_120907 by k2blt, on Flickr

Rode around the Quabbin today. Nice having so much history in the back yard... bloody cold out there though.

mtbr member
    Beach rides are interesting right now.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    @thecanoe Some impressive ice build-up over there! Weather has been interesting the last few weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    20180121_145202_001 by k2blt, on Flickr

20180121_144553 by k2blt, on Flickr

Did some moseying around my hometown yesterday. Weather was wonderful, trails not so much.

mtbr member
    Finally found some dirt just north of Boston.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    20180201_160937_001 by k2blt, on Flickr

Was hoping for a quick spin through Asnebumskit, Boyton Park, & Cascades yesterday after work, before the snow. Excited to try my Float 36 on the Prophet as my Talas needed some maintenance.

20180201_163228 by k2blt, on Flickr

Didn't turn out so well...

mtbr member
    HATE when that happens!
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    too many watts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Singletrack in the Pioneer Valley was riding 9/10 yesterday morning - awesome!

mtbr member
    Hello to my brothers and sisters in Mass! Long time rider in neighboring CT and I'm sure we have similar boney NE singletrack riding. Three weeks ago I had an OTB incident on a night ride resulting in separated shoulder. It's feeling much better and I'm on the mend. Ready to ease back into things but it's going to be 2-3 weeks before I go back to the usual trails. Around here the only option is 'rails to trails' which is crushed stone over abandoned RR...flat, boring, well you get my point. Looking for a bit more.

A buddy just did Robinson SF in Agawam (West of Springfield) which follows Westfield River. Says it's decent place with 20+ miles of relatively easy terrain. Sounds perfect for me to ease back into things. It's about an hours drive for me...anyone been there?
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Yup nice twisty, relatively smooth sandy trails. good fun

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    20180306_115738 by k2blt, on Flickr

Ride B Street today... looks like the bike is going back in the garage with the impending snow.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just barely had time for 6 miles at Wompatuck state park today. Trails are mostly dry and looking good.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20180423_131612.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-20180423_131616.jpg

mtbr member
    The Fells are riding nice and dry with the few exceptions being the few very low spots. And these can be easily avoided. 99% of the orange trail is dry. I would add that there has been some erosion on some of the stepper climbs which exposed more roots. Making it harder to clear. Example the uphill (if ridding counter clockwise) before the pump house on the west side is very rooty.
    These pictures were taken on Sunday April 22,2018

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5150.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5151.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5152.jpg

Class Clown
    Goodbye winter

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Blue Hills Ponkapoag section is riding nicely, except for that muddy spot where I fell and did some pretty good damage to my elbow. Gform elbow pads now on order.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20180424_170510.jpg

Class Clown
    what's that thing on your handlebars?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Looks like a head rest... or a flying saucer for miniature aliens who like pink

mtbr member
    spring is in the air

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-spring-2018.jpg

mtbr member
    That thing on my handlebar is a Ultimate Ears Roll bluetooth speaker.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by screamingbunny View Post
    spring is in the air

Name:	spring 2018.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	1195063
    Nice bike and nice trail pup. What are they?

mtbr member
    thx, Advocate Cycles Hayduke, and Trixxy the trail menace (Australian Sheppard)

Class Clown
    You should play motorcycle sounds as you ride along.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Anyone know if you can park in the Kelly Auto parking lot. I know back when it was a restaurant you could but not sure now. (If not where is the best place to park over there?)

mtbr member
    Definitely rode in a Massachusetts today.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    17 mile commute.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarc View Post
    Anyone know if you can park in the Kelly Auto parking lot. I know back when it was a restaurant you could but not sure now. (If not where is the best place to park over there?)
    I always park in the lot off of Great Woods Road at the other side of the park. The NEMBA web site has directions: Lynn Woods | NEMBA

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Really good ride in Wompatuck this morning before the rain. Really digging some of the newish trails there. Sublime rake and ride stuff.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-20180519_075110.jpg

mtbr member
    The Fells is riding nice, not too dry and not wet. Lucky to have such an place so close to a City.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-5-img_5243.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-4-img_5241.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-2-img_5259.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-1-img_5258.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-3-img_5260.jpg

banned
    Nov 2017
    Nice!^^^^^

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I've still yet to make my way over to the fells. I'm just south of the city so it always seems like such a chore on week days, and on weekends I usually range farther north or west.

Maybe I can squeeze a weekday ride in between 10am and 1pm when traffic doesn't suck so much.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Just pedal there. Way better than driving I'd think.

mtbr member
    or take the T during non-rush hours.

mtbr member
    I live 10 minutes from there and also have yet to ride it. My favorite place is the Landlocked Forest. Are the trails similar? Iím not into real technical stuff.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just rode it today. The reservoir loop was a mix of single track, chunky stuff, and fire roads. Very fun. Also hit those enduro trails on the north side - really nice.

If you like LLF it's probably worth a try.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpdemello View Post
    Just rode it today. The reservoir loop was a mix of single track, chunky stuff, and fire roads. Very fun. Also hit those enduro trails on the north side - really nice.

If you like LLF it's probably worth a try.
    Do you have a track of your route? I know some trails are off limits.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Do you have a track of your route? I know some trails are off limits.
    https://www.mass.gov/files/documents...8/vz/fells.pdf

Reservoir trail is open to MTBs and is marked in orange. I have a GPX of my route but it's not entirely clean, as I took a few wrong turns.

White trail is awesome midweek
    Is that allowed?

mtbr member
    There is a Red Square trail called Mountain bike loop. It is about 70% double track and 29% single track and 1% walking.

Orange trail is mostly single track. More rooty and rocky than landlocked. There are many places to bail out of the orange trail if you don't like it. The fire road around the reservoir is the bail out.

The fire trail around the reservoir has gates, it the gates are open you can walk or ride on it. Just do not go to the water's edge. The gates are usually open til dusk.

White trail is officially off limits to bikes. I think that is why the midweek reference is there. And if you think the Orange trail is tuff, white trail has some serious chunk (So I've heard).

banned
    Nov 2017
    Freedom of speech brah!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Lots of eyes here besides mt bikers. Just don't post. You're helping access how? Not.

mtbr member
    What you do on your own time is up to you, but don't post about poaching.
    100%

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Does not mean free from consequences. Please stop jeopardizing Fells biking access for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I read somewhere they were considering allowing bikers more access. Any truth to that?

EAT MORE GRIME
    Ya white trail is legit. Can easily turn it into a 20 mile loop with some other stuff.👍
    no

white is 100% off limits to bikes. don't poach.

The Riddler
    Yes, white trail. They are crazy not to and letters have been sent. You're welcome
    I don't think the point is that it's "crazy" MTB's can't access the white trail, and certainly, anyone can ride and talk about their riding that is off limits. I think the point others are trying to make is that access to Fells terrain -like the orange trail- took years of volunteer advocacy and that access still exists in a pretty delicate environment. Respecting that delicate environment should take precedent over talking about one's (currently) "illegal" trail use.

Also, doesn't take much to see that others were just trying to point that out. Think it's fair to infer your last feedback just shows you think your own access (and opinion of it) is more important than the community's access as a whole. The Fells is a vital network for a large population of diverse folks. It's a pretty amazing piece of property available to a large variety of mountain bikers, including those who are just getting into the sport and may not have the means to travel very far to access other areas.

Always worth thinking twice before shooting off at the hip, as well as before riding off limits terrain. But hey, maybe you did. Freedom of speech and all. Happy trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    ^^ Well said. Thank you.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į SuperModerator
    Actually no. MTBR is a private space and you have ZERO rights to free speech here. The discussion or advocating of poaching closed trails is expressly forbidden, I gave you a warning for skirting the language filters and making a personal attack. Discuss poaching again and you will be banned.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

mtbr member
    I can remember when the Orange trail was off limits. It took lots of advocacy to get the Orange officially legal.

Who are the brain police?
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarc View Post
    No, you can't park there. However, there is a small lot directly behind the Kelly dealership (pull in the main entrance, all the way back). Again, the lot is small but it's reserved for those that want Lynn Woods access.

You can also drive a bit further down to where Salem Street/129 cross route 1. If you park there behind Donovans Liquor, nobody will bother you. In the not too distant future, that are will be more dealership space too. That land has already been sold.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Rode the Orange trail today. even though it was a saturday morning, not too busy.

Definitely in great shape. True mix of rock gardens, roots, single track and a bit of double track. Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5407.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5405.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5404.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5401.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5403.jpg This trail is not for beginners. Her e are a few pics.

mtbr member
    Three more

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5411.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5409.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5408.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Where are these trails Notaskitfail?
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC

mtbr member
    May 2010
    That's reservoir trail at the Fells. Aka orange trail.

Not great for beginners, and best done clockwise.

Nice pics.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Trails look clean and well taken care off. Does not look as tough as some of the trails at Otis-cape cod.
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Fells not worth the trip and lynn is not great either. Recommend LLF.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Yer doing it wrong, guy^^^^^^

mtbr member
    ckspeed- I rode the proper TOT on the cape last summer with the Friday night NEMBA ride.

I would say that the Fells is similar in difficulty to the TOT but TOT seemed bigger. But as for difficultly, I thought they were similar.

LLF seems to me to have less roots than Fells but tight switchbacks.

I like all three of these areas.....

banned
    Nov 2017
    TOT is about 1000 acres with about 24 miles of singletrack including OA. Add the Sandwich stuff by crossing one road and you get at least an additional 15+ miles of trail, but more challenging than TOT.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    TOT is nice and flowy on most trails. I donít remember walking my bike up any trails that I rode last summer. Otis is different. There are trails that you have to walk/push the bike. Have not ride north of Boston yet. Mostly Wompatuck and Blue Hills on the weekend.
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Blue Hills this morning, first ride in a week due to illness

banned
    Nov 2017
    That bike is awesome. Is it an m2 frame?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Ha, thanks. Yes, my old 1997 m2. It was my first mtb, which i rode for 2 years before upgrading. Then it sat in my garage for about 10 years before I restored it last year. New brake calipers, drive train, fork and tires. Rides great!

banned
    Nov 2017
    Good stuff!^^^^^^^

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Not quite dawn patrol on the Bronson

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I finally got to explore some of the Tantasqua trails in Sturbridge today.

mtbr member
    Thereís so many trails and bogs to explore on Cape CodDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-0251d5a5-0d0d-4448-b810-958ab4585d10.jpg
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

Team
    Really good ride in Wompatuck this morning before the rain. Really digging some of the newish trails there. Sublime rake and ride stuff.

Name:	20180519_075110.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	1198896

Where are the new trails?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I rode 13.5 miles on Saturday at Wompy using the 2017 landline classic race trail map. Itís tough for me on the pro trails. Sorry no pics to back up my rides but here is my Strava map.
    Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-992a308c-1187-44f8-8dcc-9fb388ba98bf.jpg
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC

mtbr member
    Rode early Sunday morning, perfect conditions 60degrees at Blue Hills. While the rest of the park gets busy with hikers on the weekends, have to venture over to Ponky side when you have most of the place to yourself. Here's video of the trails over there

mtbr member
    Had to find a new connector trail because the one Iíve been riding for years is closed due to houses being built. But I found a bunch more trails a block away. Persistence matters.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I.5 hrs in my local yesterday, Burlington. Way hot, 90 F in the shade. The rocks were slick with humidity/ green slime. Brought a 20 oz thermos of iced coffee. Sweat dripping off my elbows, ears, back of knees. Nice.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DHbiker View Post
    Over in the N's section on the northeast side of the park. I don't recall the specific markers. Not sure just how new they are, but I'd say in the last 2-3 years? They're only good for people who like natural stuff. If you prefer the buff, man-made flow type trails or the park-like jumps and drops then you're better off sticking to the Prospect Hill area.

EAT MORE GRIME
    yup
    recognize this swamp ?
    that hump in the background has a heckin switchback climb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-newa4.jpg  

mtbr member

Name:	20180519_075110.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	1198896
    Here's video of the trail of the picture above. My run ends at trail marker NN15.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You got some mad creaking going on there dude

EAT MORE GRIME
    You got some mad creaking going on there dude
    had to stop at 00:45, brutal.

mtbr member
    Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-hot.jpg

hoooooootttttttttt

mtbr member

Extreme southern portion of Harold Parker State Forest

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-cbaa55b8-d75f-4cb7-9f56-59945c148851.jpg

Kind of cool down here,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DHbiker View Post
    Good question.

mtbr member
    My favorite parking structure to ride.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5665.jpg

EAT MORE GRIME
    ^oh man years ago when I was broke and biking 18 hours a day on coffee and stale bagels, we'd rip up and down parking structures, cross town, hit another one...repeat... for hours

mtbr member
    yup......again Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-serenity.jpg

mtbr member
    I know it's not Mass but I rode my bike 50 miles for Charity. Raised a bunch of money for kids with cancer.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5744.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-img_5745.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaskitrail View Post
    I know it's not Mass but I rode my bike 50 miles for Charity. Raised a bunch of money for kids with cancer.

Name:	IMG_5744.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	1208210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5745.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	1208211
    Thank you.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Yup, just another day in the Shire

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-spot.jpg

mtbr member
    Rode with the CCNEMBA crowd. Friday night ride and bbq.

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-1-img_5921.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-2-img_5925.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-4-img_5927.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-5-img_5928.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Rode Lynn Woods on Saturday for the first time since 2011ish. I'm just getting back to riding after five years off and I can't tell you how much I missed it..I started riding Lynn on mountain bikes in 1991 but being born and raised in Lynn I was in those woods long before that..It was just such a completely surreal experience being back there..We hit lines that were the hot stuff many many moons ago..But what really blew me away was just all the amazing memories I have there and just how sick some of the stuff we used to do in there truly was. I'm 51 year's old just bought a 2018 Trek Stache 7 29er plus hardtail and it did not disappoint at all,fact is it begged for more than what I had to give( as I only have three rides in since coming back) Just wanted to share,, feeling blessed feeling grateful..Life is good..Ride on..CF.....
    Last edited by CRAZY FRED; 08-07-2018 at 01:22 PM.

mtbr member
    awesome, keep it up. post some pictures too if you can

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED View Post
    Rode Lynn Woods on Saturday for the first time since 2011ish. I'm just getting back to riding after five years off and I can't tell you how much I missed it..I started riding Lynn on mountain bikes in 1991 but being born and raised in Lynn I was in those woods long before that..It was just such a completely surreal experience being back there..We hit lines that were the hot stuff many many moons ago..But what really blew me away was just all the amazing memories I have there and just how sick some of the stuff we used to do in there truly was. I'm 51 year's old just bought a 2018 Trek Stache 7 29er plus hardtail and it did not disappoint at all,fact is it begged for more than I what I had to give( as I only have three rides in since coming back) Just wanted to share,, feeling blessed feeling grateful..Life is good..Ride on..CF.....
    Good to hear you're back at it man.

Speaking of memories.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Good to hear you're back at it man.

Speaking of memories.

Oh wow I guess lol,,you got any footage/clips from the 1st video? I lost all that stuff and would love to see it..Thanks..CF.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED View Post
    Oh wow I guess lol,,you got any footage/clips from the 1st video? I lost all that stuff and would love to see it..Thanks..CF.
    Oh man...dunno, but I'll do some digging when I have a chance.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That would be great thanks. CF.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Welcome home CF. Great bike choice btw.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink View Post
    Welcome home CF. Great bike choice btw.
    Thank you.Ive had a thing for this bike ever since Trek introduced it in 2016. And it does not disappoint. CF.

mtbr member

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?

A few of us rode the fire trails, bog trails and MX trails of Cape Cod looking for Elvis

Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member

Dogtown, Gloucester

Rode trails around the Babson Boulders. interesting history-

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-0ba4a6d4-689f-42d4-a9e6-19552b5a64f9.jpg

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-e0e5c909-745d-4333-af92-4fc398ec567e.jpg

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-d25a20c6-e56a-4fda-b3e2-e013ce9ac960.jpg

mtbr member

My Favorite place

My wife and a friend doing our regular Tuesday ride here on the northshore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-deb_frank-sunset_sm.jpg  

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-deb_sunset_sm.jpg  

mtbr member
    weekly group ride in the Fells. Man the roots were slippery.

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-823-img_6083.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-823-img_6082.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-823-img_6080.jpgDid you ride in Massachusetts today?-823-img_6086.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-823-img_6085.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just sat on the Couch eating pizza

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-pizza.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Weather was AMAZING this evening! 65F and dry. Met some friendly riders at Leominster State Forest at various point during the ride. Great conditions!

Get out and enjoy it before the humidity returns!

guru meditation
    Quote Originally Posted by briank View Post
    Weather was AMAZING this evening! 65F and dry. Met some friendly riders at Leominster State Forest at various point during the ride. Great conditions!

Get out and enjoy it before the humidity returns!
    So nice last night, I sort of groaned when looking at next week's forecast. Also the woods are getting a bit darker and some of the leaves are already changing!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I rode at Landlocked Forrest on saturday. It was my first time out on trails in about 2 years.

In that 2 year hiatus, I got new wheels (Spank oozy trail 295s) and switched to a 1x drivetrain on my '06 sugar 293 and really enjoyed both upgrades. The reduced range took some getting used to on the hills, but by the end of the ride it was feeling much better.

The mosquitos were awful though. Any stopping or even going slow climbing hills would get you swarmed immediately. Although, it gave me incentive to keep moving and to go faster so not totally a bad thing.

I'm hoping to get out at least once or twice more this fall before hanging it up for the winter.

EAT MORE GRIME
    Acton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-tort9.jpg  

Did you ride in Massachusetts today?-tort1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Rode today at Earlís trails in Hadley/Amherst.
    Started on Chmura rode and climbed quite a few hills!!
    Wow! Tired now.
    GJSnow.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    School St yesterday, wet and lots of leaves.