cyclocross- Mtbr.com

Thread: cyclocross

blet drive
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'm going to be visiting Boston from California the weekend of December 18th. Noticed there's a cross race not far from town - http://fastalracing.com/NECxChamps.html

Is there anywhere to rent a cross bike, or better yet, do they ever have demos at the races?

achiever

really?

blet drive
    cool im glad that you will be hear for that. I dont know of any place to get a cross bike,but should be a cool event just to go and see..
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle10
    I'm going to be visiting Boston from California the weekend of December 18th. Noticed there's a cross race not far from town - http://fastalracing.com/NECxChamps.html

Is there anywhere to rent a cross bike, or better yet, do they ever have demos at the races?

Holy crap I live in the Fitchburg and glad you posted this and I'm glad i opened it. I always wanted to do this and I'll be there to check it out. There is a shop called Gear Works in Leominster but I'm pretty sure they don't rent. Good luck bro.

But if you want you could get a demo bike at Gearworks and head to Leominster State

Steve
    Last edited by stevo75; 12-12-2010 at 06:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Glad you saw it. I managed to get a bike I can borrow so I'll be racing Sunday morning. Cross races are great fun but this will be my first real cross experience in some weather. Forecast calls for snow showers. Should be fun and miserable at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo75
    Holy crap I live in the Fitchburg and glad you posted this and I'm glad i opened it. I always wanted to do this and I'll be there to check it out. There is a shop called Gear Works in Leominster but I'm pretty sure they don't rent. Good luck bro.

But if you want you could get a demo bike at Gearworks and head to Leominster State

Steve

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just stopped by and it's cold out there which makes for a bumpy ride. That would hurt my lower back for sure but it looked very fun.

Good luck Pinnacle, what bike are you riding and what event because I'll be there tomorrow to watch also.

Yes snow tomorrow which will be a trip to watch.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    They changed the time schedule so I wasn't able to race. Really wish I could have but I couldn't have done it. Maybe next year if it works out.

Members who have read this thread: 0