• 01-05-2008
    chqm8
    Conditions at Otis AFB as of 1-5-06 (pics)
    ooops...I mean as of today: saturday 1-5-08. I'm tired and I've been drinking!!

But anyway, the trails at Otis are snow and squish-free today.

My brother and I rode from 1:30 to 3:30 and the trails were stellar.

Jim starting a skinny:

He didn't quite make it:

But I didn't either:

I did a little better on this small drop:

Found a nice roller:

Jim on same roller:

Had a great day. Hope everyone else got outside today also.
  • 01-05-2008
    edesros168
    Is there any special entrance or just we'll know where we go when we pull into the base? I have never been there but have been wanting to try it.
  • 01-05-2008
    chqm8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by edesros168
    Is there any special entrance or just we'll know where we go when we pull into the base? I have never been there but have been wanting to try it.

We don't actually go onto the base itself. We take rte 28 to rte 151. We bear right off of the exit, go under an underpass and in maybe 200 yds there is a small dirt parking lot on the left. This is the trailhead that I've always used, (although there is at least one more that others may be more familiar with.)

These directions are from the NEMBA website:

"The best way to access the riding is from route 151. There are a lot of trails in this area which do not go onto base property. Parking is along Route 151 near the dirt mound on your left after you exit from MaAurther Blvd. (Rt.28). There is also parking a little further down the road through the yellow gate on Cloverfield Lane. From here, you bike to the end of the big field, cross the railroad tracks and enter the trails area."
  • 01-05-2008
    Ghostshifter
    1 Attachment(s)
    Bob looking for trouble.
  • 01-05-2008
    Ghostshifter
    More tomorrow?
  • 01-05-2008
    chqm8
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostshifter
    More tomorrow?