Conditions at Otis?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Conditions at Otis?

South Shore got 5+ inches of snow I hear Cape got little or nothing. Anyone know how Otis looks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    the cape did get snow so it isn't dry like last wk. I rode TOT today and there was snow but not enough to make it really bad. it was actually more of a challenge but had to run up some of the steeper hills. plan on going somewhere tmw but with a more aggressive rear tire and not a balding Explorer pro.

Dec 2006
    how is it out there ? get snow or rain ? ridable for tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Should be fine for Sunday. Rain today, Otis has such great drainage it probably won't even be sloppy .

Jan 2008
    Rode Trail of Tears this past Monday. It was almost completely dry, fast, and prime. There were a few sections where it was damp (lowlands), but nothing that made me feel like I was destroying the trail.

Sadly, my ride ended early, as I caught a stick in the rear D and busted my dropout

Moral: Trail of Tears is lookin good!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I rode ToT last Sunday after the 3" of rain on Saturday. Can you say "bone dry". I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to drive 2 hours, see tons of mud, turn around and go home.....but instead had a most excellent 4 hour ride and got over to otis-atwood as well. I saw a patch or two of "wet dirt" but nothing you could call mud. The bike didn't even get dirty.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Rode Otis today. Conditions were great! Very very little in the way of mud or puddles. Awesome place, awesome ride!

Dave

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hi guys, we have a long week end in Canada so me and 2 friends are planning to get to Otis (21-22-23 march). Could anyone tell me if the riding conditions should be ok?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyrick
    Hi guys, we have a long week end in Canada so me and 2 friends are planning to get to Otis (21-22-23 march). Could anyone tell me if the riding conditions should be ok?
    Thanks.
    Otis/Falmouth should be good to go by the weekend.

We're getting some rain today and tomorrow but the trails at Otis drain so fast that it's really a non-factor.

Here's the extended forecast.

Members who have read this thread: 0