Cape is too far! How is Wompatuck?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cape is too far! How is Wompatuck?

I just don't have the time to drive all the way down to the Cape. Can anyone report on Wompatuck? How about Pine Hills in Plymouth?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I rode Freetown yesterday and had a good time. I parked at Copicut/High St. , and did an 8 mile loop down to the resoirvoir. A nice mix of road, dirtbike trails, walking trails, and powerlines.

mtbr member
    They don't call it Swampatuck for nothing. Totally rideable but best if left alone for a while so things have a chance to drain off.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by connolm
    I just don't have the time to drive all the way down to the Cape. Can anyone report on Wompatuck? How about Pine Hills in Plymouth?
    i know this info is a little late but pinehills is perfect. just as good as any time during the summer. no snow, no mud, some downed branches here and there that ya gotta pick up but that is about it. i have picked up a bunch of them but it seems as though with the winds lately alot is falling.

I'm good at crashing
    As of Sunday Wompy is clear...but there are some very wet spots...mostly where you would expect them to be...most of the higher ground was fine though...firm and dry. Alot of trees down which adds to the excitement factor...I would avoid the real wet spots but the jump line and the drops were all nice,firm and dry and clear of debris. Most of the rivers and brooks are running over their banks so any of those trails should be avoided...but there are plenty of dry trails to be ridden and plenty of features available.

mtbr member
    rode wamp on tuesday it was clear and dry for the most part but a lot of downed trees I was doing more trail maintnence that riding lol
    live life like a bullet
    FAST HARD AND GO OUT WITH A BANG

I'm good at crashing
    weather permitting a few of us will be at Wompy this weekend on Saturday and Sunday....the season is here.

meow meow
    it is very much worth the drive to the cape right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastook
    They don't call it Swampatuck for nothing. Totally rideable but best if left alone for a while so things have a chance to drain off.
    Um, I've ridden 3 times in the last three days, and found Wompatuck to be fairly dry and fast, all things considered. Sure, there are a couple muddy spots, but what's the fun of being in the woods without getting a little dirty?

mtbr member
    I made it to Pine Hills today and it was wonderful. It's about a 70 minute drive from Salem, Ma on a Sunday morning. No snow and perfectly dry.

I'm good at crashing
    Wompatuck was great this weekend...a few wet spots but for the most parts dry and sweet. Yesterday was just awesome...first long ride of the year. saw a ton of people out on the trails.

mtbr member
    I was in Wompatuck for 3 hours Sunday. A few wet spots but 99% dry. Cold temps forcast for this entire first week of Spring so I'd guess things should remain very good thru the week. Once things warm up a bit I'd stay away and give things a chance to dry up however.

mtbr member
    Wompy was awesome yesterday. The berms on Pine Run are all rebuilt - sweet!

If anyone found a Pearl Izumi toe warmer, maybe on Techno, give me a shout.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjack
    Wompy was awesome yesterday. The berms on Pine Run are all rebuilt - sweet!
    Yeah, agreed. Thank you to whomever did all this work. I was shocked. Any word on a group/seasonal clean-up? Post dates and time if you hear anything.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfSailRide
    Yeah, agreed. Thank you to whomever did all this work. I was shocked. Any word on a group/seasonal clean-up? Post dates and time if you hear anything.
    There was some informal work done yesterday and last Sunday. I'll certainly repost the next NEMBA-sponsored cleanup.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    I believe there is a cleanup tentatively scheduled for April 16 or 17. Check the NEMBA website as the day gets closer.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

Just a flesh wound
    Rode for a couple hours in Wompatuck last night. Conditions are great!
    My name is Chris and I ride a Ripmo now.

mtbr member
    I rode Pine Hills 3 times in the past week. Conditions are great and the trails are getting there. Spent half the time I was out there doing maintenance haha.

I crash, therefore I am
    Jun 2010
    How is Pine Hills? I've heard about those trails a few times but have never been there.
    2011 Scott Voltage FR20
    2009 Rocky Mountain Slayer

mtbr member
    Going to check out the Pinehills on Saturday for the first time this season I live 5 minutes down the street.... The Pinehills are 90% single track, rocky, technical & tight, but very fun!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkz
    Going to check out the Pinehills on Saturday for the first time this season I live 5 minutes down the street.... The Pinehills are 90% single track, rocky, technical & tight, but very fun!
    we must live right next to each other cause i am also five minutes away. won't be able to make it this sat but hit me up next time you go i pretty much ride both sat and sun usually and almost always ride by myself which can get boring.

adam

mtbr member
    Where is Pinehills? I'm in Hanover...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb
    we must live right next to each other cause i am also five minutes away. won't be able to make it this sat but hit me up next time you go i pretty much ride both sat and sun usually and almost always ride by myself which can get boring.

adam
    Nice, I live on Beaver Dam.. I think my buds and I rode with you once last year, we met you on the trail. You right a Pitch right? We should def hookup and ride sometime!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfSailRide
    Where is Pinehills? I'm in Hanover...
    Google Map: Serious Cycle's and its across the street.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkz
    Nice, I live on Beaver Dam.. I think my buds and I rode with you once last year, we met you on the trail. You right a Pitch right? We should def hookup and ride sometime!
    wow good memory that was certainly me... i got a race i am doing at massasoit on april 23 so i am kinda riding there on the weekends now but after that i will send you a pm to do some riding at pinehills...

Members who have read this thread: 0