Cape Hunting Seasons- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Cape Hunting Seasons

Hi anyone know if there's a web site that posts up info about the hunting seasons? There used to be a chart on the board at the Popple Bottom lot at ToT, but the board has just been replaced and all notices are gone.

The areas I'm curious about are - ToT, Otis, Hyannis ponds and the trails along the highway in Brewster. If anyone knows anything beyond "wear orange" that would help a lot as I like to ride 3-4 days a week. Tx!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Tx I'll take a look.

I didn't see any hunters today but I saw a big deer with a nice rack in the old section of Tot. Hunting must be easy as hell, he just sat there for about 60 seconds and stared right into my eyes. I also saw a smaller one Friday that just darted through the woods..

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Bird season opens next Saturday so hunters will be out then. Bow season for deer starts next Monday. I try to ride mid day during the week if I ride and I wear orange or a yellow jacket. Sunday is closed to hunting so you don't have to wear it that day.

I've seen more deer this year in ToT than the last three combined, I've been trying to figure out why.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Not versed! Where is"Tot"? Thanks.

mtbr member

Cape Cod

It's near exit 4 & 5 off the mid cape and borders Route 6, Route 149, Race Lane and Great Hill Road.

Time to bust out the bright orange or red. If you hear lot's of rapid shooting it's prolly due to being over by the shooting range section of the trail. It's well marked....

Quote Originally Posted by jacksterr
    Not versed! Where is"Tot"? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yeah the range has been going off all summer and lately even more. I hear a fully auto gun over there from time to time. I thought MTB was costly but shooting full auto guns at a dirt pile must be an expensive hobby.

Class Clown
    Ah, time again to hunt the most dangerous game

Members who have read this thread: 0