Boston area mtb places- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2019

Boston area mtb places

Hi, I'm from Canada Quebec and I plan a trip to Boston area in mid may.

I would like to know what will be the best places to do mtb. I have 3-4 days to ride with my girlfriend. We prefer XC singletrack trail (inter-expert). Something like Kingdom trails and Stowe, can be more technical. Here are what I found on the web:

Harold state park
    Allenstown Bear Brook
    Millstone (not sure if the trails will be dry) on our way back to Canada.

are they the best places around Boston ?

thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    There is nothing like KT and Stowe in MA. Check out some Nemba FB pages. North Shore ( me) , Merrimack Valley as well as Greater Boston. Where exactly are you staying? Harold Parker is 20 miles North of Boston. Very tech and chunky. Can get 30 miles or so. Land Locked forest in Burlington is more tame, maybe 12 miles there. For longer sort of smoother stuff? Willowdale in Topsfield, 25 miles of lots of smooth ridges and hills. Bear Brook is further, at least an hour north of Boston, lots of climbing, great stuff. I suggest hitting up one of the group rides that the chapters hold almost every week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How about Lynn Woods?

mtbr member
    Vid with some Boston area riding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zglOtQLySXE
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Thanks, I'll drive from Canada, so I can stop anywhere between Vermont and MA . Maybe I'll stop to Boston to visit the town for one day, but the most important thing is good mtb spots ! I won't go to Boston if I should go another place further.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    There is nothing like KT and Stowe in MA. Check out some Nemba FB pages. North Shore ( me) , Merrimack Valley as well as Greater Boston. Where exactly are you staying? Harold Parker is 20 miles North of Boston. Very tech and chunky. Can get 30 miles or so. Land Locked forest in Burlington is more tame, maybe 12 miles there. For longer sort of smoother stuff? Willowdale in Topsfield, 25 miles of lots of smooth ridges and hills. Bear Brook is further, at least an hour north of Boston, lots of climbing, great stuff. I suggest hitting up one of the group rides that the chapters hold almost every week.
    Should be mentioned that unless you are good with maps and/or gps type stuff none of it is marked (signs) like Kingdom and/or Stowe & can be difficult to navigate...

mtbr member
    Where to ride depends greatly on where you are staying. Drive times are usually double the mileage. Triple of more during rush hour(s). ex harold state park my only be 25 miles from downtown but but can be well over an hour to drive to.

If staying in downtown, check out the pump track in Allston and the Lynch family skate park. Then just ride to the Fells. The orange trail is a well marked trail- xc inter/expert trail. also riding downtown through the streets is great fun too, very historic city with lots to see.