Boston area mtb- Mtbr.com

Thread: Boston area mtb

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Boston area mtb

My wife and I will soon be relocating from the suburbs of Chicago to the Boston metro area. Since your city is so expensive we will be downsizing a little bit, there is less room for our bikes. How are the mountain biking trails out there? Is there any good single track w/i an hour and a half drive from the city? Just have to start thinking about what I may have to sell off if we do not have the room. Just please tell me there is good stuff around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    What Area are you going to be looking in , and yes we have lots of good sincgle track with in 1 1/2 hours of Bostons , LOTS !! ( see the picture thread Sticky )
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    There is plenty of riding in the Boston Metro area even closer than 1.5 hours. You're better off if you live closer to the North or the West side of the city as there are more options. Our trails tend to me rockier and more technical than most other places. What we lack in elevation we make up for in pure grit. I live about 40 minutes north of the city along the coast and there are a ton of riding options.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Not sure exactly what area of the city we will be living. And there is much elevation here either so that is no loss to me. Thanks for the replies

Jan 2008
    The "rides" page of Greater Boston NEMBA's website has a bunch of links to trail systems in the area. Check it out GBNEMBA rides page

Also, not listed but I know exists, is Veitnam, which is reputedly one of the best networks in the country. I just moved to town as well and am in the process of getting my feet wet. Hope to see ya out there!

mtbr member
    West of the city has plenty of riding as well. Vietnam, Ribbon Candy, Upton, Sutton, Rayburn, Leominster, to name a few. Check out my map.

Just a flesh wound
    NEMBA New England Mountain Biking Association has good maps and info. So does this website. I ride Wompatuck all the time. 5000 acres laced with single track. Rocky rooty wet and FUN. 20 miles South of Boston. Blue Hill is in the Boston city limits, kind of tame. Tons of good stuff. Good luck finding the right place and welcome to Boston.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    here is a great source for trail maps

http://www.bikerag.com/bike_trail_maps_text_MA.htm
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Great I love to hear this! Now its a matter of deciding what bike I may need to get rid of; but they all serve a purpose which is I have them in the first place. Might just have to get rid of the wife's bikes.

Members who have read this thread: 0