Boston area bike shop

Printable View

• 12-17-2007
    bbuch
    Boston area bike shop
    I'm getting ready to make the move to Boston and I will be living in the Newton/Watertown area. Could you guys recommend a few good bike shops? I know how important it is to work with a good shop and I'd be willing to drive an hour out of the way for one that was run by some top-notch people.
  • 12-17-2007
    yogreg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bbuch
    I'm getting ready to make the move to Boston and I will be living in the Newton/Watertown area. Could you guys recommend a few good bike shops? I know how important it is to work with a good shop and I'd be willing to drive an hour out of the way for one that was run by some top-notch people.

Welcome to the area.
    Not too far in Medford is JRA Cycles. www.jracycles.com
    I am biased of course as I work/ride for JRA. But we are a smaller shop that focuses on treating our customers with respect and offering great service.

Greg
  • 12-17-2007
    jeremyp111
    Try JRA Cycles in Medford, Wheelworks in Belmont, Cycle Loft in Burlington. Those are the ones I'm familiar with. What kind of riding are you in to? XC, freeride, DH?

Good luck with your move.

JP

EDIT - YoGreg beat me to it! LOL
  • 12-17-2007
    bbuch
    Mostly XC riding, but I'm looking for a new full suspension and was planning to go with more travel (5"-6") for a more all mountain kind of feel. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely take a look at those.

B
  • 12-19-2007
    sinister
    Wheelworks in Belmont is good for XC and road riders. They carry very common components, but nothing real high end. If you are into more freeride and DH head to either Cycle Loft in Burlington or Western Cycle in Danvers. If you head to Western Cycle tell Jamie and/or Bill you hear they can get any part you need. I got my Transition Bottlerocket through them. Stand up guys and shop.