Blue Hills singletrack- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Blue Hills singletrack

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with the blue hills trail system. I live super close and have not yet been there. Is there a good enough single track there. What are the main entrances to link to the bike trails?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Lots of options. Are you a Nemba member? Check out the South East MA page. Should find a map there. Or the DCR page. Plenty of great single track there. Just be aware that all trails are not open to bikes. And they will involve some climbing, hills and such. Start over @ Buck hill.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thanks for the info. I guess this was my first research attempt. I just recently bought a 29er to break up the monotony of my road bike.. So needless to say. I'm looking to party!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Also there are regular rides scheduled there. Road? That's for riders with no skilz. Once you go dirt, hooked for life.

mtbr member
    Ride Blue Hills alot since its on my way home from work. No scheduled rides from what I see.

To learn what Blue Hills has to offer, best to complete all the three designated loops (white arrow, yellow arrow and green dot) each circling the three main sections of the park. While most of these are doubletrack/fire roads they are fast, fun and good for climbing.

There's plenty of singletrack throughout the park. Love Buck Hill climb and decent down Buck across Chickatawbut rd then over Hillside out to Uniquity. Want a good challenge, ride Coon Hollow all way to the bottom. Need even more of a challenge? Ride to the top of Hemenway Hill then ride down the trail at 1154. Wee!!

Advise on when to go. Weekday nights and VERY early weekends (7-9AM). Outside that its a s-show full of kids, hikers and horse people.

EAT MORE GRIME
    bank on extra hours... and just go solo exploring with gps at poke along pace,
    check everything out including dead ends

then strava it, compare your tracks with strava globo heatmap

and you'll have the place memorized in no time

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've started exploring Blue Hills recently. The trail up (and then down) Buck Hill is pretty good, and he Coon Hollow trail was some of the most fun I've had on a bike.