Bike recommendation for Lynn Woods?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Bike recommendation for Lynn Woods?

What are some bikes out there today that can take the Lynn punishment?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    What's your budget?

I have this for sale

EAT MORE GRIME
    is this a serious question or trolling ?

The answer is any bike. period. I have ridden Lynn on a bunch of different bikes and been with the 'local crew' on several tours through Lynn, and seen kmart bikes ridden on and off all the painted lines cleanly and without breaking anything. A painted line ride is, every paint marker on every rock is touched and rolled over by a wheel, no-dabs. This means I have seen world-class trials riders hammer Lynn no problem on any bike.

It is all rider skill, the bike doesn't matter a damn bit. period. One rule is the bike needs quality brakes and the frame must survive massive torque input, so total garbage bikes with age-hardened rim brake pads are the exception.

Now if you are asking: my skills are not up to par, what bike will allow me the most screw-ups and hide my inabilities ?....I can't answer that.

good grief, a skilled rider can smoothly drop and clean all of Lynn on about anything. I am not that guy, I ride an XC bike in XC style, which means I jump off and run if it looks above my skillset. Lynn has loads I can do and loads I can't do, but am I thinking...gee with a different bike will it make a difference ? Can my bike survive ? nope...the bike does what I command it to do, Lynn doesn't do anything to my bike I don't do to it myself.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I think the bike makes a difference. And yes, it's a serious question. I'm looking for something drop-able. But it should have the ability to absorb it's fair share of missed landings. I'm not always smooth. My all-coil nomad just broke. That bike could take a licking.

I don't really keep up with the bike manufacturers. So I am just asking around to see what other people (who ride lynn regularly) are liking.

Who are the brain police?
    Quote Originally Posted by hal brain View Post
    I think the bike makes a difference. And yes, it's a serious question. I'm looking for something drop-able. But it should have the ability to absorb it's fair share of missed landings. I'm not always smooth. My all-coil nomad just broke. That bike could take a licking.

I don't really keep up with the bike manufacturers. So I am just asking around to see what other people (who ride lynn regularly) are liking.
    I ride a Davinci Troy in there - but you're not going to get enough feedback on what people ride there to help you make an informed decision. I'd suggest start reading up on bikes and visit a few shops, talk to the people that work there and try some bikes.

The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All kinds of bikes in there. From what you said and ride..nomad is still a great choice. Guys I see...nomad, spec enduro, intense carbine, banshee rune/spitfire, knolly, seeing more trail bikes and 29's too.