Berkshire transplant- Mtbr.com
    surly inbred

Berkshire transplant

Hey all,

New to Lee & the Berks. I'm nosing around for some singletrack and
    hoping to meet a few locals for rides & trail maintenance.

pm's welcome

Thanks,
    Steven

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    I'm not out that way but try nemba.org. They have chapters all over N.E. and do both rides and trail work.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    No-the nemba site won't help you for the berkshires--

try to google/yahoo your way to the norulesmountainbiking club. It's an active yahoo group that is compised of only berkshire riders and they will happily show you around the splendor of Berkshire Single track...you'll never tap into it on your own.

Also-hit upp the Arcadian Shop on rte 20 in Lennox--those guys ride and you can hook up with them and I'm pretty sure someone affiliated with DAVE's Bike Shop on elm st in Pittsfield can show you around so be sure to ask around there as well.

The best ride (and closest) you'll be able to scout out on your own is the Kennedy Park/ Yokun Ridge in Lennox. (at the Arcadian shop you can buy a really great map of this area--and the www.mtbr.com trail review section for mass has good info under 'Yokun Ridge". This is actually a fantastic place to ride-Park at the Arcadian shop-warm up through Kennedy Park (some fun, fast, mildly hilly mildlly technicall single track in there) and then climb up the twisty single track from Reservoir rd to the top pf Baldhead...great loops in here-it'll work your fitness and your skills--local shops can easily 'fill in'' missing trails on your purchased Yokun ridge map.

have fun--you don't know it yet but your in ground zero for mountain biking!!!

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan
    try to google/yahoo your way to the norulesmountainbiking club.
    Thanks, I did find & register there.

So far most of my riding has been exploring from Kennedy Park or Olivia's Overlook along the ridge ...great riding around here so far!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

we are oing to october mtn sunday 9 am . join us if you like . harry 413 229 0313

ooooooo

Members who have read this thread: 0