Belmont / Beaver Brook Trail work / vandalism- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Belmont / Beaver Brook Trail work / vandalism

Someone has been adding tricks and modifying trails. I assume not NEMBA sanctioned as some of these are on technically closed-to-bikes trails. PLEASE STOP!!

1) The big berms and jumps you've built are ugly as sin and just the sort of thing to lose us access to this whole area (which we nearly lost in the 90s, btw). The ones that are either off-trail or on no-bikes trails are especially obnoxious.

2) Removal of saplings and rocks that are in your way is vandalism and it removes what someone else might have considered as a worthy challenge. It's not all about creating the smoothest, jumpiest, fastest rolling track that you can - it's also about riding the natural terrain.

3) Many of us ride these trails as part of training schedules and your modifications to existing trails totally mess with that - all the times we have are now worthless for training purposes. Modifying trails like this is selfish - you might like it, but others are screwed by it. You're fast berm is someone else's lost high speed off-camber challenge

Building new trails (with land-owner permission) is great, but building unsanctioned new trails and tricks or modifying trails that others use is selfish and potentially can get biking banned in the area.

If you're reading this and are responsible, stop! If you know who is doing this, ask them to stop (and explain why)

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Any big drops added? No bikes on tracks...

mtbr member
    Chances are good that anyone building those is not participating here. Still good to vent though. Let it out, man. Let it out. (slow clap)
    Figuring this all out as I go!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    yeah, one 8-10 ft drop on a new bit.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for new trails and building tricks in the right places, but I'm not for idiots messing with existing trails and risking getting us booted out of a politically sensitive area by overdoing it with big visible stuff. It's just dumb and F*ks it up for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Signs and game cameras ?