Batchelor Street work day Sunday Dec 12- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Batchelor Street work day Sunday Dec 12

I would have liked to put this together earlier, but I was too busy riding to think about trailwork. You know how it is...

Anyway, PVNEMBA will be hosting a Batchelor street trailwork day next Sunday, December 12, at 9 am.
    The skinny:

When: Sunday December 13, 9 am.
    Where: Batchelor Street parking lot
    Until: Noonish. I'm figuring 3 hours or so. If you can only come for an hour or two, that's fine! Your presence will be noted and appreciated. Better to come for an hour than not at all (if that's all you can do).
    What to bring: Gloves, boots, water, snacks, tools.
    Tools Needed: Rakes (garden and leaf), shovels, pickaxes, lopers, saws.
    What we'll be doing: Fixing Rollercoaster. Couple very short reroutes of eroded, fall-line sections, trail skinnying, de-rooting, a little rockwork. Trailwork-type stuff, y'know?

Questions? Post here or email me, chaznielsen AT gmail DOT com

mtbr member
    I should add:

Please post here or contact me if you'll be attending. It's very helpful to have an idea of how many people will be present so I can plan work accordingly. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    ill try in show im a new rider there, ill see if i can get my friend to tag along too.

mtbr member
    Rain/snow on Sunday will cancel this event. If the weather is clear though, we'll be there. As the ground is now frozen, we'll be primarily doing trail skinnying. Rakes are particularly helpful for this, so please bring one if you can.

mtbr member
    Due to the impeding weather, tomorrow's work session is CANCELED.
    Anyone interested in doing trailwork should still contact me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm very interested. I ride there all the time and have been looking forward to an opportunity to get out there and contribute. Please post up when you get another date going and I'll keep checking back. I have no real experience, but I have a couple shovels and a bow rake. Hopefully it warms up a bit some time soon. It's finally beginning to look a lot like December.

Members who have read this thread: 0