Batchelor Street- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Batchelor Street

Looks like all the trails are well mapped out and named on Strava. Are there signs on the trails/intersections? How easy/difficult would it be to navigate via a gps route downloaded to my garmin?

I had no idea this was such a huge network until I starting researching rides the past few days, I really want to get out there (for the first time) sometime within the next few weekends. Heard it is fantastic and I love to explore new areas. Any route recommendations?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    You might want to wait for slightly drier weather…when it's slippery it goes from challenging to 'danny Macaskill' level.

You can find trails easily enough, but it's a bit of a warren and none of the trails are signed so it's easy to not find trails, too. There are tons of locals who'd show you around, if you just wait in the parking lot on Batchelor Street on a weekend you'll find some group that will let you tag along.

And of course…there's the other side of the notch..Earl's which rides a little better on slippery days.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IF2004 View Post
    Looks like all the trails are well mapped out and named on Strava. Are there signs on the trails/intersections? How easy/difficult would it be to navigate via a gps route downloaded to my garmin?

I had no idea this was such a huge network until I starting researching rides the past few days, I really want to get out there (for the first time) sometime within the next few weekends. Heard it is fantastic and I love to explore new areas. Any route recommendations?

Thanks.
    Hey I just PM'd you a link to a 20 mile loop on Strava. ~10 miles at Batch + ~10 miles at Earl's. Definitely do Batch first - you'll need the legs.

At B St, make sure you go DOWN rollercoaster

SuperbMan has a good point about waiting for dry weather, but I've ridden Batch after rain and it was do-able. Definitely not as much fun though.
    My MTB themed graphic tees:
    https://www.mteeb.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'd also appreciate some recommendations for Batchelor Street. I've ridden Rollercoaster from Earl's - what else should I look for next time I'm over there? Thanks all!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    If I can get a small group I'll take you guys out for a bit. Let me know; I can most likely do this Saturday 8am if interested.
    Paul
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I think Iʻm at least a couple of weeks out before getting out there. Iʻm over a 2 hour drive and have some other rides on the list. Just making my list of fun fall rides and exploring. Thanks for the helpful information.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    If I can get a small group I'll take you guys out for a bit. Let me know; I can most likely do this Saturday 8am if interested.
    Paul
    Thanks, I really appreciate the offer! I'm unfortunately busy this weekend, but maybe next weekend? Would love to ride with some folks from the community!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Ok I'm always around...
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I don't know if you have gotten a chance to ride at Batchelor St yet but it's a good 9/10 on the gnar scale.

The harder trails are
    Lizard King (either way)
    Serpent God (either way)
    Jacobs Ladder (either way)
    Far out (Up)
    Missing Persons (Up)
    Twister (Up)

Easier ones
    Raptor
    Serpentine
    Viper
    IMBA
    Far East to MP
    Twister (down)
    Southern belle
    PI

Take a GPS or a friend with you and bring enough water. It's not a huge area but some of the trails are very very hard and you can find yourself lost in there needing to ride stuff you're too cooked to ride. Once you know where you are and all the lines over the rocks it gets a lot easier.