Batchelor St trail question - Serpant God- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Batchelor St trail question - Serpant God

I was riding B street Sunday morning and I eventually ended up at the top of Technical Trail and saw the entrance for Serpant God on my left. I then realized that I have never ridden SG, so off I went. Thankfully I was of the FS, that trail is gnarly!!!

Anyway, from my memory of the map i knew that SG goes from the top of TT to SP. I rode away down SG and I enventually came to an intersection of a jeep road and some ST. I am very familiar with SP and knew I had not reached that trail yet. Feeling lost I decided to take a left on the jeep road and climb a little bit and found the old rusted out car. Turns out I was on UA. At this point I was confussed so I pulled out my map and no where does it show SG intersection UA. This has me wondering if I was even on SG in the first place. Or is Hamshire College trail map a little off?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    yes, that was SG. There is a hard to see right turn you missed that heads over to SP. The cut out to UA, for some reason became the 'more traveled path, several years ago. Not sure why. there was a a reroute on lower SG some years ago. Anyway you can take SG all the way to the high point on Serpentine, though the trail is a little harder to discern.

One for all, all for ZERO
    May 2009
    Lizard King also now connects over to Technical trail just below the SG entrance. Effing awesome!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by A1Zero View Post
    Lizard King also now connects over to Technical trail just below the SG entrance. Effing awesome!
    Lizard king always connected to technical trail.

One for all, all for ZERO
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan View Post
    Lizard king always connected to technical trail.
    Really, because earlier this year I noticed a trail that I had never seen before branching off of LK just shy of the exit (if you are climbing it). Are you telling me that this has always been there? Or are you saying it was less obvious?

mtbr member
    SG cross a grown-over fireroad about 2/3 of the way down. You can take a right and hit the bridge on Serpentine (just down the hill from the SP/Viper junction), or go left and you'll hit upper access if you miss the continuation of SG.
    What Superbman describes is further down, at the end of SG where it makes a Y with serpentine