Batch St this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    never ender

Batch St this weekend?

Who's riding?

achiever
    I'm down for Saturday. Sunday is out as Wife is leading a hike somewhere.

Red

never ender
    Saturday's good. What time works for you? I'm free whenever, as long as it's not butt-crack-o-dawn.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    what kind of ride will this be, intermediate or advanced?

never ender
    Intermediate, dude. I'm still learning the trails, and my Heckler handles like a Mack truck out here, so I'm a little slow at the moment.

achiever
    I have a good intermediate loop that Superbman and I came up with. It's about 8 miles. There are 2 somewhat technical trails but the tough sections are sparse and easily walked if need be. I was supposed to lead a ride last Saturday but due to bad weather it didn't work out too well. Two young brothers from Ehamp showed up and we had a blast, though.

There are tons of options... we could do half Batch and half Earle's or whatever.

I usually like to ride in the morning around 9:00 but anytime would be good.

Red

achiever
    Looks like this will go off at around 10:00 on Saturday.

Anyone else interested?

mtbr member
    I can't make it Saturday AM, but I may be riding Batch on Sunday, or Saturday afternoon. I'm planning to ride in Wendell sometime this weekend as well, though I'm not sure when.

Fat weasel- You'll get the hang of 'em. Your Heckler is perfect for that place.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    I can't make it Saturday AM, but I may be riding Batch on Sunday, or Saturday afternoon. I'm planning to ride in Wendell sometime this weekend as well, though I'm not sure when.

Fat weasel- You'll get the hang of 'em. Your Heckler is perfect for that place.
    I'm going second smelly's sentiments-the Heckler is a fine bike for western, ma riding-you just need to learn to ride the unique single track around here-there are plenty of guys and gals who ride all kinds of bikes well around batchelor st, wendell, etc.

If you'll recall when we showed you wendell the kid and I were on rigid, ghetto Single Speeds with pretty tall gearing-and the kid's other bike he usually rides is a 37 pound hard tail-honestly, the heckler is a more agreeable bike for this region's conditions that either of those-So don't sweat the bike!!! -just get use to the terrain (you'll see, it starts to look a lot smoother after a while!).

Members who have read this thread: 0