B street - post storm cleanup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

B street - post storm cleanup

Bachelor street got hammered in the storm. 4 of us were out there for about 3 hours this afternoon, in which time we got IMBA, Yellow Brick Road, and 1/3 of Rollercoaster cleared of downed trees and branches. That's 12 man hours clearing less than 2 miles of trail. So there's a lot of work to be done. Don't know what Earl's looks like, haven't been there yet. But it's safe to assume it looks just like B street.

Folks will be out there all day tomorrow clearing Rollercoaster, Jacob's Ladder, T-Rex, Em's Gem, Entrance Exam, and Far East (we'll see how far we get). And after that, it's time to clear the access roads. I'm of the opinion that it benefits us to clear a path on the access road as lots of walkers use those, and keeping them clear will keep the walkers off the bike trails.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come saw, clip, and clear. If you can make it tomorrow, great, but if not, head on out there any time and do some clearing. All I ask is that when doing clearing, please maintain the trail as singletrack (don't cut too wide), and please post in here if you're doing cleanup so we can keep track of what's been done.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Cleared entrance exam, better access and 75% of roller coaster today. It's a real mess out there. We can use any help we can get! Chainsaws are helpful, but anyone can contribute by pulling downed limbs off trails while walking.. Theres definately no need to bring a bike as less than 15% of the place is rideable. I'll be back at it tomorrow -- B-Street parking lot at 1p.

mtbr member
    Rumor: Whitefoot eats oak trees and craps out clean trails.

Fact: If you ride b street, you owe Whitefoot a beer. Dude is going nuts with the chainsaw so we can have our trails back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    [QUOTE=smelly;8598340]Rumor: Whitefoot eats oak trees and craps out clean trails.

Fact: If you ride b street, you owe Whitefoot a beer. Dude is going nuts with the chainsaw so we can have our trails back.[/QUOTE

HA HA thanks Chaz and any beer will do!

Fact: he also reaks of sweat, gas, and oil with a touch of pine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Cleared serpentine, em's gem, the rest of roller coaster, and roller coaster extension. I'll be back at it tomorrow AM. If you head out there this weekend do us all a favor and drag a few limbs off the trail. If everyone chips in hopefully we will have our trails back with some time to ride them before more snow flys.

mtbr member
    Thanks Whitefoot, I don't get over to that side of the valley often, but greatly appreciate the efforts you are making to keep stuff up to snuff.

Harold
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Good work, lads!! I'm cleaning away at Ludlow but will also head up to Earls when I can and pitch in.

That storm was something else!

mtbr member
    Great work guys. I also cleared trails in Ludlow today at the res.. I will be going to Bstreet hopefully Friday to clear some stuff up. I plan on riding out to maybe Far Out or Lizard King and starting out there. It would be great if we could keep a tally of what trails are done and what trails need to be done so I can make sure my efforts go towards the right trails. Thanks again guys, excellent work
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    trails that still need to be cleared as of today:

jacobs ladder, t-rex, raptor, chaz's, pete's, twister, lost and found, far out, far side, far east.

All others are cut and cleared.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Trails that still need to be cleared as of today:

t-rex, far out, and far side.

All others are cleared and clean with the exception of lost and found. At this point it looks like lost and found will be unridable until a reroute of a seriously damaged area can be put in.

A big thanks to all who helped we made quick work of a massive project.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Does anyone have an update on Earl's? I've been dealing with my backyard first, but am meaning to head there as soon as I have the chance. Would love to know what's done / what needs doing at Earl's as well as B-Street...

Thanks.

mtbr member
    BSTREET cleanup crew is amazing. I am going out Friday I will let you guys know what time if anyone can join me. If the far out trails are still in need of repair, I will head out that way. I would do it earlier but I have to work
    Friday is a holiday so we can probobly finish it up then assuming some others have the day off.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Thanks to all who make this place great! Will be visiting from out of state on Wed

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Far out and far side are good to go!
    t-rex is all that is left to cut. If you plan on doing trail work i would think that earls needs it as well as robinson.

mtbr member
    You guys are amazing.. I will head out towards earls then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thank you

Big thanks to Whitefoot, Smelly, and all the others who made the storm cleanup happen at B-St. Just came out from central MA and had a blast this morning.