Aug 30: 2015 Treasure Valley Rally: A real MTB race course- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Aug 30: 2015 Treasure Valley Rally: A real MTB race course

The 8th annual Treasure Valley Rally (TVR) presents miles of real cross country mountain biking in the heart of Massachusetts. Lots of singletrack, much of it purpose built for mountain biking, decent climbs, plenty of technical challenge, and a grassroots vibe coupled with swimming, food, and races for all ages means a super fun day out for a great charitable cause.

The 1,600 acre Treasure Valley Scout Reservation in the center of Massachusetts is rarely open to the public yet offers a solid trail network that's been honed for MTB over the last 9 years by riders from the Team BUMS mountain bike club and the Wachusett NEMBA chapter. We strive to provide a challenge appropriate to your ability with several course variants. The 10 mile main race loop will push you and your bike to your limits as the laps add up, but we have a shortened lap for novices, a much shorter lap for youth/first timers, and even a free small kids race through the woods.

Registration is at http://bikereg.com/tvr, register now for the best deal. Price is $29 now but increases to $35 on race day.

What's new this year?

- Back to our original late summer date on a Sunday. A Sunday will help get all the Saturday workers there. Late August means the weather and water will be much nicer for swimming!
    - More course enhancements for sure.
    - Treasure Valley will continue to offer a MTB specific camp week to Boy Scouts in 2015. This is made possible by volunteers from Team BUMS and Bicycle Concepts.

This race primarily benefits the Mohegan Council Boy Scouts of America in Worcester, MA and their Treasure Valley Scout Reservation. We also contribute to the attending fire departments who provide emergency coverage. Any other money raised also helps grow the trail network and make the race better every year.

See the Event Website for the latest information about the race.

Pre-reg at http://bikereg.com/tvr and save.

Thanks for reading and racing!
    Brett
    Last edited by icycle; 08-13-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    See you at the Treasure Valley Rally XC MTB race Sunday August 27, 2017!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The deadline to pre-register and get a free T-shirt was Aug 12. However, the shirt order is not yet finalized so we're extending the deadline!

The first 100 people pre-reg'd before 9AM Tue Aug 18 will get a free T-shirt along with their cheap $29 entrance fee!

The shirt color is still TBD but the back will look something like this.

Art, as always, was drawn and donated by Scott Nelson and Son Illustrator/Cartoonist/Author--thanks Scott!

#‎tvrmtb‬ http://bikereg.com/tvr

Thanks everyone and don't forget about the post-race swim!! Or come just to hang out, swim, and watch the suffering, err I mean fun.

mtbr member
    Are the winers going to be awarded with a medal? I raced there before and it is a great course. It is a bummer not getting a medal.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Any free T's left? That might make me sign up today
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I have an auto-x at Devens on the 30th... otherwise I might have signed up to come in last for the novice 30+ category.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiago7 View Post
    Are the winers going to be awarded with a medal? I raced there before and it is a great course. It is a bummer not getting a medal.
    We did medals only once in our 7 year history (2012) and I think they were a hit. So, based on that and your request, I just ordered custom medals for TVR 2015!!

Hope to see you,
    Brett

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Any free T's left? That might make me sign up today
    The free deadline was Aug 18, but you can get our shirts pretty cheap through the pre-reg site ($5 for previous years, $10 for this year).

Thanks!
    Brett

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by k2blt View Post
    I have an auto-x at Devens on the 30th... otherwise I might have signed up to come in last for the novice 30+ category.
    I did autox at Devens once and it was a blast! But you can't beat a hard core MTB race for a full body workout. No swimming at Devens either

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    True... but the money is already spent. This event is limited to roughly 60 people, so I'm looking forward to lots of seat time. Also, it's a good shakedown for my upcoming hpde at Palmer in early October.

I'll aim to run it next year. That'll give me plenty of time to get in shape to be competitive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    We did medals only once in our 7 year history (2012) and I think they were a hit. So, based on that and your request, I just ordered custom medals for TVR 2015!!

Hope to see you,
    Brett
    Medals are in! See them here:
    https://www.facebook.com/treasureval...type=1&theater

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Last call for pre-registrations, saves $6 off race day reg fee and makes things so smooth for you.

Racecourse will be open all day tomorrow (Saturday) for pre-riding. Since this is our 8th year running ‪#‎tvrmtb‬, show us that 8 is NOT enough and support a local event put on by folks growing the sport and the trail network in central Mass. http://bikereg.com/tvr Thanks!

mtbr member
    Im locked and loaded! Any course info? Technical? Smooth? Climbs?
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Im locked and loaded! Any course info? Technical? Smooth? Climbs?
    Short answer is yes to all three It's a technical course in many parts, but has a good mix of that plus flowy plus climbing. Something for everyone and when you finish you'll be happy you did it.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So... how'd it go?

mtbr member
    Good course, very rocky. I did 2 laps (20 miles) on a fat bike with a rigid fork. Not a wise choice! lol.. It was fun though, but I do think I'd go with a fork next time.. Once again though, fun course, and will do it next year.

achiever
    Super fun course! Very rocky in spots, not much climbing, not much jeep road & bit of fast, flowy trail thrown in for good measure. Just generally great New England mountain bike trails. A fatty was a good choice for this one. Organizers & scouts were fantastic! Definitely going back next year.